Oferta de empleo en Dinamarca de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior
Tenure-track Assistant Professorship In Korean Studies
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies, Faculty of Humanities, Copenhagen University (UCPH), Denmark, invites applicants for a tenure-track assistant professorship in Korean Studies to be filled by 1 August 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies is home to a number of language-based area studies (Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, the Arctic and Mesoamerica) and to disciplines concerned with the study of culture and religion globally.
Further information about the department may be found at http://tors.ku.dk/
Korean Studies is a language based area studies program with an interdisciplinary focus. It offers BA, MA, and PhD degrees. A new MA program in Asian Studies with a separate track in Korean Studies will start in fall 2021. The successful applicant will be involved in launching this new program and contribute to make the Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies a vibrant and productive center for teaching and research on Korea.
The successful applicants will be expected to pursue and produce research in their own discipline as well as in cross-disciplinary projects. The candidates will teach both Korean language and content courses and work in close collaboration with colleagues to further develop Korean Studies at the University of Copenhagen and contribute to its international recognition in research and teaching.
It is anticipated that the candidates will take an active role in developing and implementing cross-disciplinary activities within the framework of the University of Copenhagen’s Asian Dynamics Initiative (see https://asiandynamics.ku.dk/english/).
A tenure-track assistant professorship is a six-year, fixed-term academic position involving both research and teaching. The successful candidate post will be obliged to complete a teacher-training course designed especially for assistant professors, and will be expected to be able to take part in all the activities of the Department, including examinations and administration.
Approximately six months before the end of the six-year period as assistant professor, a committee set up by the Dean will assess whether the assistant professor can be considered for promotion to a tenured position as associate professor.
Read more about the tenure-track program at the UCPH at this homepage: http://employment.ku.dk/tenure-track/tenure-track-at-ucph/.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Korean studies or a relevant discipline and have a record of original research based on Korean language materials.
Candidates must demonstrate native or near-native fluency in Korean with excellent communication, reading and writing skills in both Korean and English; possess the ability to teach Korean language courses as well as content courses in their own field at all levels (BA and MA). Experience with teaching of Literary Chinese (hanmun) will be considered an asset. Knowledge of other East Asian civilizations and/or a comparative and interdisciplinary approach to research and teaching would be an advantage.
The applicant is expected to provide a statement of his/her academic and pedagogical approaches to university teaching.
Applicants are encouraged to read the University guidelines for teaching portfolio when appointing staff at the UCPH https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio/
The duties of the position are evenly distributed on tasks related to teaching and tasks related to research (including relevant administration and knowledge-sharing). Documented competences in both of these main fields of activity, as well as the ability to reflect on them, will be weighted in the assessment process (see further below).
Furthermore, emphasis will be placed on the following academic and personal qualifications:
- Research qualifications, which will be assessed in relation to the period of active research, the degree of originality, and academic output, e.g. number of publications published in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals or in comparable high-ranking series published with internationally recognized publishing houses.
- The applicant’s scientific record, academic breadth and depth, rigour, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Teaching qualifications: Read more about our Educational Charter at http://www.humanities.ku.dk/about/vision_and_goals/educational_charter/ and Pedagogic Basis and Guidelines at http://uddannelseskvalitet.ku.dk/quality-assurance-of-study-programmes/university-guidelines/pedagogic-basis-and-guidelines/
- Experience and qualifications with regard to dissemination of research, knowledge-sharing and engagement with the wider public, the media and the world of politics
- Documentation of possible administrative qualifications
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, internationally competitive research. Teaching qualifications are not mandatory, but documented teaching qualifications and teaching experience will be taken into account. Applicants’ outreach qualifications, including the ability to attract external funding, will also be considered.
Within a reasonable period of time (max. 2 years), non-Danish-speaking appointees are expected to acquire proficiency in Danish sufficient to be able to interact with colleagues and students.
For further details about the qualification requirements for assistant professorships, please read the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2019 here: Here
Six overall criteria apply for assistant professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organizational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates.
Furthermore, each candidate must be assessed according to the specific requirements stated in the job advertisement.
You can read more about the UCPH criteria here:https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit/
You can read more about the criteria for recognizing merit for assistant professors here: Here
For further information about the position, please contact Head of Department Annika Hvithamar, e-mail: hvithamarhum.ku.dk
Please click on the “Apply online” icon at the bottom of the page.
The application must be written in English and include the following enclosures:
- Application letter/cover letter (maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (with the applicant’s email address, telephone number and list of referees (maximum five names). The Curriculum vitae should be of maximum 5 pages and should reflect the six overall UCPH criteria mentioned above.
- Documentation of qualifications (examination certificates/PhD diploma, etc.).
- Complete and numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications must be marked with star*.
- Research plan, including a short description of previous research and a plan for the coming years that includes an account of involvement in organising research, establishment of research seminars, symposia and congresses, etc.
- Teaching portfolio. Documentation of teaching qualifications and research dissemination (organisation of classes, materials, courses and other forms of teaching).
- Publications. Applicants may choose a maximum of five publications for assessment, of which at least two must have been published within the five years immediately preceding the deadline for applications. At least two of these publications must have been published in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals or in comparable high-ranking series published with internationally recognized publishing houses. Publication dates must be clearly marked on the publication list. The publications selected must be uploaded as attachments and listed from 1 to 5.
Only material in English, German, French, Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish will be assessed.
After the application deadline, the Head of the Department selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointment Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been accepted for assessment. The Dean subsequently appoints an expert assessment committee tasked with carrying out an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee. Applicants are ultimately offered the opportunity of commenting on the part of the assessment relating to themselves before the appointment is finalized.hrsc.ku.dk" rel="nofollow">hrschrsc.ku.dk. Please refer to ID 211-0088/21-2N #1.
Salary and conditions of employment
Terms of appointment and salary will be in accordance with an agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The salary range starts at DKK 34,655 (EUR 4,657) + a 17,1 % contribution to the pension scheme. It is possible to negotiate salary supplements on an annual basis.
The Faculty of Humanities offer a starting package for tenure-track assistant professors, please read more here: http://humanities.ku.dk/about/tenuretrack/
A special tax scheme is offered to researchers recruited abroad, read more at this homepage: https://ism.ku.dk/salary-tax-pension/tax/
The UCPH wishes to encourage everyone interested in this post to apply, regardless of personal background.
The closing date for applications is 8 April 23:59 [*CEST/CET]
Applications or supplementary material received thereafter will not be considered.
*(Centraleuropæisk sommertid=CEST/CET = normaltid)
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: KU - HUM - TORS.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: København K; Código postal: 1401; Calle: Artisk - Søndre Campus, Strandgade 102
- Sitio web: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1307&ProjectId=153555&DepartmentId=18985&MediaId=4632&SkipAdvertisement=true
Identificador de la vacante:5292894.
Ver las 448 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Part-time Associate professorship in Advanced Migration Studies. Dinamarca, 17 Abr. 2021.
- Research assistant for yeast natural products project. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.
- Industrial PhD scholarship in Stability Enhancement of Weakly-Connected Offfshore Wind Power Plants by Wind Turbines with Grid-Forming Converter Control. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in EdTech for Inclusive Entrepreneurship Education. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.
- PhD project: Reuse of building components - documentation of properties by non-destructive testing. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.
- Vil du undervise i ledelse af medarbejdere?. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Digital twins for sustainable underground constructions. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Transport Network Modelling. Dinamarca, 16 Abr. 2021.