Simulation Architect. Dinamarca
Vacante de Ingenieros industriales y de producción en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Ingeniørarbejde i industri og produktion
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
DK, Aarhus N | Management | Full-Time | ID: 11704
If you are an experienced Simulation & Automation engineer who can take ownership of driving the strategy across departments with success, then this is the role for you!
Power Solutions > Industrialisation > Engineering Development
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas or technologies are matured, developed, tested, and improved. To put it short, Vestas power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. We are shaping the future of modern energy. Engineering Development is responsible for driving, defining and ensuring that both short and long‐term targets are met for HOW we engineer across our wind turbine platforms and modules. The department is also responsible for the overall simulation strategy and thereby HOW our simulation tools ‐ both proprietary, bespoke and commercial ‐ are working together. Engineering Development consists in total of 68 employees and between 30 ‐ 60 consultants placed across two continents.
This position is strategically placed in the Industrialisation organisation reporting directly to the VP and with a dotted line to the Chief of Engineering Development. You will join an enthusiastic leadership team consisting of the Directors for each of the areas under Engineering Development as well as the technical management staff.
As Simulation Architect you would be responsible for aligning the needs across the various departments, both on software and hardware, but also the pursuit of new solutions within both domains, that will either increase productivity, reduce cost as well as improve the fidelity and accuracy of our simulation tools. This responsibility also includes preparing the model landscape for an increased number of product and module variants, the definition of a strategy for how to systematically reduce the need for physical testing and virtual/integrated certification.
Furthermore, the responsibility includes continued follow‐up of our strategic roadmap and projects to support the effective execution. The strategic roadmap is expected to be aligned with the digitalisation of the product life cycle and the relevant projects supporting this strategy. Moreover, the strategic initiatives will include the improved use of technologies such as topology optimisation, model‐based system engineering and machine learning. The responsibility will span across all the engineering disciplines ranging from: Composite design, Structural / Finite Element,Thermal and aerodynamics ‐ Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Multi‐body, Electrical, Aero‐elastic (incl. controls).
You will be working with the relevant stakeholders across these areas to align on the strategy.
Consequently, this will be a complex role which requires both a deep technical understanding combined with significant stakeholder management and corporation skills.
The daily work includes among others:
- Drive and define Vestas' simulation strategy with the support from the management team, aligning department goals with Vestas’ business strategy
- Support the creation, prioritisation and effective execution of strategic projects
- Direct and improve operational and functional excellence within simulations
- Support management and the team in meeting our performance metrics (KPI's and PI's)
- Support in building a high performing team, support management in selecting, building and retaining strong competences in the organisation
- Actively identify and involve business stakeholders across business units and functional areas
- Actively seek knowledge from external sources, conferences and stay ahead of the game
- Balance operational tasks with short and long‐term strategy targets
- Experience within simulations including automation and scripting on an expert level
- Experience with directing and defining strategic initiatives from idea generation to execution projects
- Minimum of 8 years' technical leadership experience and change management from a large organisation (small task force, projects or similar)
- International working experience would be advantageous
- Minimum a master and ideally a Ph.D. in Engineering or similar within relevant areas such as Mechanical, Mechatronic, Aerospace or Automotive
We see the ideal candidate having most of these professional and personal competencies:
- You believe in our values of Collaboration, Simplicity, Accountability and Passion
- You have a high level of motivation and can question the status quo while maintaining operational excellence
- You are customer‐oriented and can understand the complete business and value chain needs
- You find it challenging and interesting to work with other people in large organisation
- You are capable of building up an intensive network across cultures and time zones
- You have profound communication and presentation skills
- You focus on processes and like to get things structured
- You like being proactive and getting things done
- You work effectively as a contributor but value collaboration and teamwork
- You have experience in change management
What we offer
We offer a true global opportunity in a project‐oriented organisation with significant opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development, where emphasis is placed on the right balance between
collaboration, value creation, creativity and quality in all solutions. You will benefit from working at a high strategic level within a solid technical inspiring environment. You will be directly involved and direct the simulation strategy across our products.
This position is located in Aarhus, Denmark.
To apply please click the link above or below the job advert. The closing date for this position will be 11th November but we will review applications on a continuous basis.
If you need further information about the position, please contact Lasse Lundberg Nowack, VP, Engineering Development on +4541269046.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Vestas Wind System A/S.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Aarhus N; Código postal: 8200; Calle: Hedeager, Número: 42
- Sitio web: https://careers.vestas.com/job/Aarhus-N-Simulation-Architect-8200/626455101/
Identificador de la vacante:5229745.
Ver las 273 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Transformation Expert - Indirect Cost. Dinamarca, 21 Nov. 2020.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer / Mould Developer. Dinamarca, 21 Nov. 2020.
- AM Build Development Engineer. Dinamarca, 21 Nov. 2020.
- Process Development Engineer (Lead Engineer). Dinamarca, 20 Nov. 2020.
- Commissioning Supervisor. Dinamarca, 20 Nov. 2020.
- Production Engineer. Dinamarca, 20 Nov. 2020.
- Production Equipment specialist. Dinamarca, 19 Nov. 2020.
- Blade Structural Engineer - Blade Validation. Dinamarca, 19 Nov. 2020.