Contratación de Físicos y astrónomos en Noruega (Oslo)
Researcher Position In Electronic And Semiconductor Devices
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Físicos, químicos y afines : Físicos y astrónomos.
Professionals : Science and engineering professionals : Physical and earth science professionals : Physicists and astronomers
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Jobbnorge ID: 176255
Applicants are invited for a 2-year position as Researcher in Electronic and Semiconductor Devices to be based at the Department of Physics/Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology, University of Oslo.
Researcher position in Electronic and Semiconductor Devices: Modelling, fabrication, materials studies and evaluation of devices for 'Improved efficiency for solid-state Neutron Detectors' (INDet), at the Department of Physics, University of Oslo.
About the position
A researcher position is available in the Semiconductor Physics Group at the Department of Physics/ Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN), University of Oslo (UiO). The position is for 2 years starting in 2020.
The employed researcher will work directly with a team of scientists from SINTEF and UiO at the Micro- and Nanotechnology Laboratory MiNaLab, located on the UiO campus. The project aims at research and development in fabrication technology for novel radiation detector that delivers increased neutron detection efficiency.
The project is funded by the Research Council of Norway and will run for 4 years. The primary objective of INDet is to establish a knowledge platform of in-depth understanding of novel techniques to deliver increased efficiency in the detection of neutrons for silicon radiation detectors.
The project will require the study of novel materials for neutron conversion and new techniques for coupling such materials to a solid-state detector. It will involve advanced micro-machining and passivation of high aspect ratio structures in silicon by means of Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) and Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapour Deposition (PECVD).
Direct responsibilities for this position include:
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) of passivation layers
- Study and characterisation of the interface between the passivation layers and silicon
- TCAD process and devices simulations of advanced silicon detectors
- Radiation hardness studies
The project joins researchers from UiO with SINTEF MiNaLab (Oslo), the Department of Subatomic Physics at the University of Bergen (UiB), Norway, the Department for Neutron and Materials Characterisation at IFE, Kjeller, Norway, the Detector group at the European Spallation Source (ESS), Sweden, the Department of Physics at the university of Linköping (LiU), Sweden, and the Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics (IEAP) at the Czech Technical University in Prague.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that has talent for, experimental research work, practical laboratory work, and theoretical modelling. The research will be done in MiNaLab, a laboratory with large clean room areas encompassing state-of-the-art equipment for both fabrication and material and device characterization. Around 100 researchers are currently working in MiNaLab and we are seeking a person who enjoys teamwork, with excellent communication skills.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Physics or a related field. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Documented expertise in the characterization of defects and/or interface states by admittance spectroscopy or DLTS.
- The applicant must have excellent command of English. Knowledge of Norwegian or a Scandinavian language is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience in Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD).
- Experience with TCAD device and process simulation, and semiconductor processing and fabrication, will be an advantage.
- Experience in PECVD deposition of neutron converting materials (e.g. 10B, B4C) is appreciated but not mandatory.
- salary NOK 532 300 - 605 500 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Researcher (position code 1109)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo's family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- A complete list of publications and submitted works
- Academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications, and the quality of the project as well as the candidate's motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Researcher at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Marco Povoli, +47 93635702, marco.povolisintef.no orfys.uio.no" rel="nofollow">edouard.monakhovfys.uio.no
For question regarding our application system, please contact HR Officer, Ørjan Pretorius, mn.uio.no" rel="nofollow">orjan.pretoriusmn.uio.no
Se annonsen og søk på stillingen www.jobbnorge.no
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Universitetet i Oslo.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:03341909000149.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Nanofabrication Process Engineer/Physicist. Dinamarca, 15 Oct. 2019.
- Attaché / Attachée de recherche clinique en milieu hospital (H/F). Francia, 14 Oct. 2019.
- PhD position in mass spectrometer development for in-line nano-analytics (m/f). Luxemburgo, 13 Oct. 2019.
- Characterization engineer in the field of molecular analysis (NMR) (M/F). Luxemburgo, 12 Oct. 2019.
- Ingenieur für Simulation und Model Based Design (m/w) (Ingenieur/in - Elektrotechnik). Alemania, 02 Oct. 2019.
- PROFESOR FIZIKE M/Ž. Croacia, 28 Sep. 2019.
- Plasma Physiker (Physiker/in). Austria, 24 Sep. 2019.