Researcher Digitox. Oslo. Noruega
Búsqueda en Noruega (Oslo) de Ingenieros
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros no clasificados bajo otros epígrafes.
Professionals : Science and engineering professionals : Engineering professionals (excluding electrotechnology) : Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
A position as Researcher (SKO 1108 without a PhD; SKO 1109 with a PhD) is available at the Department of Media and Communication, University of Oslo.
The position is associated with the project Invasive Media, Ambivalent Users and Digital Detox (Digitox), funded by the Norwegian Research Council (2019-23). The project is a collaboration between University of Oslo (media studies and psychology), University of Bergen (media studies) and Kristiania University College (media/game studies).
The position is available for a period of 16 months, starting in January 2020.
About the Digitox project
Digitox draws on interdisciplinary perspectives and insights from media studies, game studies and psychology to investigate causes, implications and reactions to intensified digital media involvement. While many studies emphasise the positive and enabling potentials of digital media, this project analyses ambivalence, resistance and attempts at withdrawal and disconnection. The project includes studies of users, media texts and debates, as well as industry and policy reactions to concerns about media intrusiveness and overuse.
The candidate will be responsible for data collection and analysis, coordination and dissemination, specifically:
- Organize and conduct interviews with stakeholders within media policy and industry
- Analyse policy/industry documents and interviews and write report/article
- Organize a stakeholder roundtable
- Dissemination of project findings and information (web/podcast), organize seminars
The successful candidate will become part of the research environment/network of the department and contribute to its development. The position will strengthen the candidate's qualifications in academic research and coordination.
- PhD or MA degree in media studies, psychology or a related area
- Experience with research interviews and/or analysis of media texts or documents
- Experience with coordination of academic activities or similar experience
- Oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in a Scandinavian language
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
In the evaluation of the applications, emphasis will be placed on:
- The applicant's estimated academic and personal ability to carry out the specific tasks within the allotted time frame and contribute to the main project
- Experience with research on the media industry, media policy issues or public discourses concerning problematic media use
- Ability to work independent. Good communication, coordination and co-operative skills
- The ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines and research institutions
- Salary NOK 515.200 - 597.400 per annum depending on qualifications
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
The application must include
- Application letter describing the applicant's qualifications and motivation for the position
- Curriculum Vitae with grades listed (with a list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities)
- List of publications and academic works
- Diplomas, certificates, doctoral thesis and other academic works may be requested later
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link "apply for this job". Applicants with education from a foreign university must attach an explanation of their university's grading system.
The short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
See also Regulations concerning Researchers.
Following the Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) § 25, Chapter 2, information about the applicant may be used in the public list of applicants even if the applicant opts out from the entry in the public application list.
The University of Oslo has an Acquisition of Rights Agreement for the purpose of securing rights to intellectual property created by its employees, including research results.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
Professor Trine Syvertsen, e-mail: trine.syvertsenmedia.uio.nohf.uio.no" rel="nofollow">e.h.fossenhf.uio.no
Se annonsen og søk på stillingen www.jobbnorge.no
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Universitetet i Oslo.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:03341905000221.
Ver las 212 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros no clasificados bajo otros epígrafes ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Avdelingsingeniør/overingeniør. Noruega, 11 Jul. 2019.
- Overingeniør - Institutt for oral biologi. Noruega, 09 Jul. 2019.
- Project Engineer/Technical Coordinator. Noruega, 03 Jul. 2019.
- Leak test Engineer. Noruega, 28 Jun. 2019.
- Quality Control Ingeniør. Noruega, 19 Jun. 2019.
- Researcher 1109. Noruega, 14 Jun. 2019.
- Norges største SW-miljø trenger deg. Noruega, 28 May. 2019.