Receptionist & Guide (EUR190627-02). Islandia
Ofertas de empleo en Islandia de Organizadores de conferencias y eventos
Clasificación del trabajo: Técnicos y profesionales de nivel medio : Profesionales de nivel medio en operaciones financieras y administrativas : Agentes de servicios comerciales : Organizadores de conferencias y eventos.
Technicians and associate professionals : Business and administration associate professionals : Business services agents : Conference and event planners
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Reception & Guide Position in Icelandic Tourism
Receptionist Job Responsibilities & Duties:
• Welcomes all passengers and visitors at our ticket office.
• Checks all passengers in and directs them to the appropriate boat or waiting area.
• Answers phone calls and emails.
• Coordinates with shift managers, sales office and crew for tours and scheduling.
• Attends meetings with potential clients to work as a translator (Icelandic-Japanese, Japanese-English).
• Works as a translator or guide (depending on the tour) for groups of passengers.
• Updates passenger arrival and information in Bókun and DKPos systems.
• Places weekly orders for the office and boats.
• Communicates with our partners in Iceland and abroad, specifically Japan.
• Opening/Closing, organizing and cleaning duties in the office.
• Maintains security by following set procedures email correspondence; opening and closing the office.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing additional tasks as needed.
Receptionist Skills and Qualifications requirements:
• Fluency in Icelandic, Japanese and English.
• Good computer skills, familiarity with Bókun & DKPos preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in reception or tourism.
• Works well under pressure in fast-paced environments.
• Strong telephone and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• Organized, punctual and manages time well.
• Ability to work for 12 hour shifts.
• Comfortable with speaking in front of groups of 20-50 people.
Special Tours Wildlife Adventures is a sea-based boat tour company located in Reykjavik, Iceland. We pride ourselves in providing our passengers with amazing experiences, from the booking process to the tours. Our reception team is typically the first point of contact for passengers, either via phone or email, or when they arrive to check in for their tour. It is essential that we have a strong reception team to welcome passengers in a friendly and punctual manner.
We operate a variety of tours year-round and are lucky to welcome passengers from all over the world. We work with a variety of different tourism companies, and are in need of an individual who can work with both Icelandic and Japanese markets. In addition to the standard qualifications for a receptionist, we need someone who is fluent in Icelandic, Japanese and English. This person will attend meetings and trade shows in order to translate from Icelandic-English, Icelandic-Japanese, Japanese-English (and vice versa). They will also be asked to attend boat tours as a translator for Japanese and Icelandic groups, and to guide tours at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition (our sister company) for Japanese and Icelandic groups. These groups can range in size from less than 10 to 50+, so it is important that you are comfortable with public speaking.
We work in a very fast-paced environment, with up to 18 departures per day during the summer season. For this reason, we would ideally have a candidate who is already familiar with the Bókun booking system and who is comfortable working under pressure. Depending on the season we have 2-3 receptionists on each shift. We are looking for someone who is available immediately for a year-long contract with the possibility to extend.
Wages are according to the collective wage agreement between VR ( the commercial and Office Worker´s union) and employers that is in effect from 1.april 2019.
Employees are responsible for securing their own accommodation, as Special Tours does not provide housing.
Further information provided by contacting: herdisspecialtours.is
Please apply before July 18th by filling in an online application here: www.vinnumalastofnun.is/eures and put "EUR190627-02" in the field for employer.
País del trabajo: Islandia.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Empleador: Special Tours ehf. .
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Contact us to apply or follow this link: Please follow the description in the vacancy above
Identificador de la vacante:51954.
Ver las 65 ofertas de trabajo de Técnicos y profesionales de nivel medio : Profesionales de nivel medio en operaciones financieras y administrativas : Agentes de servicios comerciales : Organizadores de conferencias y eventos ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Organisateur / Organisatrice de mariages et de séminaires. Suiza, 24 Ago. 2019.
- ORGANIZADOR DE CONFERÊNCIAS E EVENTOS. Portugal, 24 Ago. 2019.
- Bankett Operation Manager (Bankettleiter/in). Austria, 22 Ago. 2019.
- Bankett Supervisor (Bankettleiter/in). Austria, 21 Ago. 2019.
- Bankettserviceleiter (Bankettleiter/in). Austria, 21 Ago. 2019.
- CDD - Chargé d'Evènements - Paris (H/F). Francia, 20 Ago. 2019.
- Bankett Operation Manager (Bankettleiter/in). Austria, 16 Ago. 2019.
- Special Project Manager - Event (m/w). Austria, 15 Ago. 2019.