Postdoctoral Researcher Position. Oslo. Noruega
Vacantes de Sociólogos, antropólogos en Noruega (Oslo)
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales en derecho, en ciencias sociales y culturales : Especialistas en ciencias sociales y teología : Sociólogos, antropólogos y afines.
Professionals : Legal, social and cultural professionals : Social and religious professionals : Sociologists, anthropologists and related professionals
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Organizing for labour market participation among people with complex service needs
OsloMet - Oslo Metropolitan University offers a 3-year Postdoctoral Researcher (postdoc) position with the core research group INTEGRATE, funded by the Research Council of Norway.
INTEGRATE focuses on how to achieve coordinated assistance in the field of labour market trajectories and inclusion among people with complex service needs. The postdoc position shall contribute to INTEGRATE-s research program by analysing organization of services and coordination and collaboration within and/or across different services, sectors or professions with respect to work inclusion among groups with complex service needs. Complex service needs may for example be due to health problems, impairment, immigration or social problems.
One possible option for a postdoc project is to focus on NEETs (young people Not in Employment, Education or Training). The core research group is planning a research project on the organizing of services to this group of youths, including a comparison between Swedish and Norwegian frontline services and how they succeed (or fail) in assisting this group of young people. The research project will be using Norwegian register data for quantitative analyses, as well as qualitative case studies of services at the local level. A postdoc project could relate to either the quantitative or the qualitative part of the planned research on youth in a NEET situation.
The project description of INTEGRATE, as well as more specific information about the planned study of NEETs will be available on request.
The postdoc position will be located at the Centre for the Study of Professions (SPS). SPS has a multidisciplinary and multi-methodological profile, comprising research from a range of disciplines.
The postdoc position will be part of the core research group of INTEGRATE which involves researchers from OsloMet - Oslo Metropolitan University and Inland Norway University of applied Sciences (INN). Currently two phd positions and a postdoc position are linked to INTEGRATE. In addition, the international Expert Panel of INTEGRATE represents an opportunity to discuss the research with internationally renowned researchers in the field.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct research on a postdoc project of relevance to the research program of INTEGRATE
- Academic-administrative tasks as coordinator for INTEGRATE in a 33% position
- Disseminate research results to academic communities, and to society in general
- Actively contribute to the development of INTEGRATE, the Centre, and OsloMet in general
- A PhD in a relevant field (Sociology, Political Science, Health Sciences, Economics, Organisation Theory, Social Work, or other);
- Strong competence in methods (quantitative and/or qualitative);
- Relevant previous research will be accorded importance;
- Good/excellent language skills in English and Norwegian (or other Scandinavian languages)
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are listed in the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
We will emphasise the following when evaluating applicants:
- The quality and relevance of the project proposal. The topic of the postdoc project may be as suggested above, or any other topic of relevance to the research program of INTEGRATE
- The quality of research in the last six years, including the phd thesis
- Project coordination experience and/or ability
The offer of a position depends on the overall competence and relevance
Personal qualities necessary for the position:
- Strong interest in the research
- Managerial talent
- Hard-working, reliable and collaborative
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been working, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. By the application deadline, please upload the following documents together with your application:
- CV, references and all pages of your certificates/diplomas
- A project proposal of approximately 5 pages
- A list of scientific publications
- Up to 5 scientific publications, including your full PhD thesis
Applications with missing documents might potentially be rejected. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact andjooslomet.no
- An exciting job opportunity in a strong and urban university
- Opportunities for professional development in an inspiring research collegium
- Participation in an inter-disciplinary research group which also involves distinguished international experts
- Loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- Free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners
- Relocation support, cultural courses and on-boarding services
- Working location in downtown Oslo with a wide range of cultural offers
Practical information about relocation to Oslo and living in Norway
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale 1352 Postdoc. The salary range is NOK 532 300 - 691 400 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Professor Tone Alm Andreassen, +47 67 23 50 36, toaaoslomet.no
- Professor Espen Dahl, +47 67 23 81 08, espendahoslomet.no
- Senior Advisor Andrew Feltham, +47 67 23 50 65, andjooslomet.no
If you wish to apply for the position, please do so via our application portal.
Deadline for applications: 15 August 2019
Gang per uke: 100%
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: OSLOMET - STORBYUNIVERSITETET.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:03121906000206.
Ver las 21 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales en derecho, en ciencias sociales y culturales : Especialistas en ciencias sociales y teología : Sociólogos, antropólogos y afines ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Forskar ved Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE). Noruega, 06 Jul. 2019.
- Postdoctoral Fellows (1 - 2) in Sociology, Demography or Behavior Genetics. Noruega, 05 Jul. 2019.
- Senior Research Fellow (Postdoc). Noruega, 20 Jun. 2019.
- Researcher in Porous Media Physics. Noruega, 11 May. 2019.
- Norges Røde Kors søker enhetsleder i enhet humanitære programmer. Noruega, 03 May. 2019.
- Seniorrådgiver i Universitets- og høgskolerådets sekretariat. Noruega, 24 Abr. 2019.