Postdoc in innate antiviral immunology. Østjylland
Búsqueda en Østjylland (Dinamarca) de profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora.
Traducción de la profesión: Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område › Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde › Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter › Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The Department of Biomedicine at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University invites applications for a position as Postdoc in innate antiviral immunology as per 1 July 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is a fixed-term full-time position for 36 months.
About the research project
The first line of defense against viral infections is essential for prevention of disease development. Epithelial surfaces represent a major portal of entry for viral infections; yet, we have limited knowledge on the mechanisms that govern this first line of host defense. This project will take a genome-wide screening approach to identify novel genes/proteins and mechanisms involved in exerting early restriction of virus replication in epithelial cells.
Your job responsibilities
As Postdoc in innate antiviral immunology your position is primarily research-based but may also involve teaching assignments. You will contribute to the development of the department through research of high international quality, including publication. In your daily work, you will work closely with colleagues on your project, where you will receive supervision and guidance.
You will report to Professor Søren Riis Paludan.
You have academic qualifications at PhD level within the area of virology or immunology and have experience with large screening set-ups. Alternatively, you have significant experience with large screening set-ups, and are highly motivated to apply this expertise to solve a question in infection immunology.
Specifically, desirable skills include:
- management and development of innovative research projects to the highest level
- CRISPR screens
- lentivirus work
- biochemical and cell biological assays in virology/immunology
- quantitative confocal microscopy
- flow cytometry
In order to be assessed as qualified for a Postdoc position, you must meet these academic criteria.
Shortlisting will be used.
The Department of Biomedicine
The department of Biomedicine prioritises diversity and a good work environment, as this is a prerequisite for groundbreaking research. In a diverse and international research environment, dedicated employees are looking to generate new knowledge within biomedical research areas such as infection and inflammation, membranes, neuroscience and personalised medicine. The Department of Biomedicine provides research-based teaching of the highest quality and is responsible for a large part of the medical degree programme. Academic staff contribute to the teaching. English is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and at seminars. The department employs approx. 500 people from all over the world, and they make use of the department's modern laboratory-, core- and animal facilities. The Department of Biomedicine focuses on innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration with business and industry, and numerous researchers from the department have established companies to develop new medicinal treatments founded in professional scientific basic research. You can read more about the department here and about the faculty here.
The host laboratory
The laboratory of Professor Søren Paludan is interested in understanding early immune responses against viral infections, with a focus on epithelial surfaces and the central nerve system (CNS). We use a broad range of experimental systems, ranging from molecular screening tools, state-of-the-art methods for molecular/cellular characterization, animal models, and primary human cell/organoid models. We offer a unique environment to perform this project with multidisciplinary research teams, expertise in genome-wide CRISPR screens, skilled technical staff, biosafety level 2+ laboratories, and a broad methodological set-up, thus allowing to fully develop the project from gene identification, via mechanistic exploration, to the characterization of antiviral defense roles in vivo.
We have a very international environment, with more than half of all lab members from a non-Danish background. You should be fluent in oral and written English, which is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and in seminars. Our core values are high ambitions, a collaborative and friendly culture, and development of talent.
The laboratory is part of the Center for Immunology of Viral Infections Center or Immunology of Viral Infections (CiViA).
Questions about the position
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor Søren Paludan, email srpbiomed.au.dk or telephone no. +45 2899 2066.
Your place of work will be the Department of Biomedicine, Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 10, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
We expect to conduct interviews in the beginning of May 2024.
Terms of employment
- Appointment as a postdoc requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health.
- The yearly base salary for a fulltime postdoc is between DKK 484.214,84 and DKK 538.720,20 depending on the years of working experience after achieved MSc degree. The base salary includes a position related supplement and pension (17.1 %). Additional supplement(s) for special qualifications can be negotiated. Authorisation supplemement(s) will be granted, if relevant for the position. Your local eligible trade union representative at Aarhus University negotiates your salary on your behalf.
- Researchers recruited from abroad are offered a special researcher tax scheme with a lower tax rate.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Template for applicant - postdoc
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- A maximum of five of the publications of greatest relevance to the job may be submitted (optional)
- Research plan can be uploaded (optional)
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded (optional)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system (optional)
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.
Letter of reference
If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including assistance with relocation and career counselling to expat partners. Please find more information about the International Staff Office and the range of services here. Aarhus University also has a Junior Researcher Association and offers career development support. You can read more about these resources here.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website.
Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education and the development of society nationally and globally. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 38,000 students (FTEs) and 8,300 employees, and has an annual revenues of EUR 935 million. Learn more at www.international.au.dk/
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Aarhus Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Aarhus C; Código postal: 8000; Calle: Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 10, Número: 1
- Sitio web: https://AU.emply.net/recruitment/vacancyApply.aspx?publishingId=76dec973-f0fc-480b-a6ea-4e5e6a35e91d
Oferta de trabajo obtenida del portal Eures, con fecha 13 de Febrero de 2024, y con identificador de la vacante:5991676.
Ver las 183 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Postdoctoral position on polyamine transporters. Dinamarca, 23 Feb. 2024.
- Postdoc in the field of epithelial transport physiology. Dinamarca, 23 Feb. 2024.
- PhD fellowship in Sociology of Food and Eating. Dinamarca, 23 Feb. 2024.
- Postdoc position on hybrid- and virtual-testing and monitoring for the wind industry, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Dinamarca, 23 Feb. 2024.