Europeos.es : Inicio > Oferta de empleo en Dinamarca > Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior > Phd Scholarships In Theoretical Catalysis And Accelerated Computational Discovery Of Clean Energy Materials
PhD Scholarships in Theoretical Catalysis and Accelerated Computational Discovery of Clean Energy Materials
Vacantes en Dinamarca de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
A number of PhD scholarships will be offered at the Departments of Physics and Energy at the Catalysis Theory Center and the section for Atomic Scale Modelling and Materials. https://www.dtu.dk/english/news/2018/01/dtu-professorship-for-top-researcher-from-stanford-university?id=21ed8a03-2f5c-4254-bf29-1061b0c1c43e
The PhD scholarships will focus on:
- Density Functional Theory (DFT) calculations combined with machine learning techniques for accelerated/autonomous discovery of clean energy materials, e.g. novel electrocatalysts for sustainable production of fuels and chemicals.
- DFT-based mechanistic analysis and the development of continuum coupled kinetic-transport models of electrochemical processes for the sustainable production of fuels and chemicals
- The development of a fundamental understanding of the theory of heterogeneous catalysis and electro-catalysis chemical processes at the gas-solid and liquid-solid interface.
The PhD projects will be carried out in close collaboration with leading international computational and experimental groups, as well as industry.
Candidates should have a master's degree in physics, chemistry or engineering, or possibly a degree in computer science or informatics, with an academic level equivalent to a master's degree in engineering.
A successful candidate:
- Has good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Is intellectually curious and thinks deeply and creatively
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys working in cross-disciplinary teams
- Works independently and takes responsibility for progress and quality of projects.
We favour candidates with experience in computational/theoretical physics, chemistry and related areas.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide. http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/PhD/Rules/PhDguide
The assessment of the applicants will be made by Professor Karen Chan, Professor Thomas Bligaard, and Professor Jens K. Nørskov.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The starting monthly salary for a PhD student is around DKK 31,500 (ca. ?4200 or $4900) including pension contribution, which may be withdrawn by foreign candidates. The period of employment is 3 years.
The PhD project will be carried out at the DTU Lyngby Campus, which is located about 20 minutes from the center of Copenhagen.
The expected start date is 1 January 2020 or soon thereafter. Please state possible start dates in your cover letter.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here. http://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/working-at-dtu/career-paths
Further information may be obtained from Professor Karen Chan, kchanfysik.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 15 September 2019 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here) http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/phd/Applicant/Pre_acceptance-1-
- List of references (minimum 2)
Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master's degree but cannot begin before having received it.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kgs. Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=b72b6296-5faa-440c-ba16-a74cd7e5d6fe
Identificador de la vacante:5034046.
Ver las 442 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- 211-0111/19-2K Professor of Plant Signalling. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- Undervisningsassistent til kurser i elektronik og PLC-programmering. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- Assistant Professor in International Tourism and Leisure Management. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- PhD scholarship in 2D Materials based Integrated Photonics for Future Optical Interconnects. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- PhD Fellowship at the Department of Design and Communication. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- PhD-scholarship in Philosophy of Health and Wellbeing. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- PhD Scholarship in Marine Biogeochemistry. Dinamarca, 21 Sep. 2019.
- PhD scholarship in IC Design for Switched Capacitor Power Converters. Dinamarca, 20 Sep. 2019.