PhD scholarships in Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics
Oferta de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
DTU Fotonik invites applications for 3-year PhD scholarships in Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics.
The research in the Section for Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics (http://www.fotonik.dtu.dk/english/research/nonlinearopticsbiophotonics) is focused on nonlinear optics in fibers (supercontinuum generation and frequency conversion across the spectrum, from the mid-IR to the deep UV), the use of optical fibers for advanced sensing, the use of specialty fibers for exploitation of higher-order mode transport of classical and quantum information, and the use of the longest wavelengths for ultrafast THz spectroscopy (imaging and sensing with THz beams, nonlinear THz spectroscopy, extreme near-field THz measurements, and THz field-driven nonlinearities).
The Section for Nonlinar Optics and Biophotonics welcomes applications for PhD scholarships within the research areas of the section. We seek motivated candidates with a very strong experimental and/or theoretical background within the research topics of the section.
Examples of offered projects include, but are not limited to:
- Development of state-of-the-art sensors based on polymer fibers, for bio and environmental sensing (stress, strain, temperature).
- Ultrafast electron optics, including femtosecond electron sources driven by intense THz transients, and ultrafast ARPES (angle-resolved electron photoemission) spectroscopy.
- Ultrafast frequency conversion in femtosecond laser-driven gas plasmas, using many-color laser fields for generation of THz-mid-IR light sources
- Quantum communication with higher-order modes in optical fibers.
Candidates should have a master's degree within physics, optics, electrical engineering or other relevant areas of the technical sciences.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide. http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/phd/PhDguide
The assessment of the applicants will be made by a Department panel.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is 3 years.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here. http://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/working-at-dtu/career-paths
For further information or inquiries please contact one of the group leaders in the Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics Section: Prof. Peter Uhd Jepsen, pujefotonik.dtu.dk, Prof. Ole Bang, obanfotonik.dtu.dk, or Prof. Karsten Rottwitt, karofotonik.dtu.dk.
You can read more about DTU Fotonik on http://www.fotonik.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 15 April 2019 (local time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here) http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/phd/Applicant/Pre_acceptance-1-
Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master's degree but cannot begin before having received it.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Fotonik has 210 employees with competences in optics and is one of the largest centers in the world based solely on research in photonics. Research is performed within optical sensors, lasers, LEDs, photovoltaics, ultra-high speed optical transmission systems, bio-photonics, nano-optics and quantum photonics.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kgs. Lyngby; Código postal: 2800
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=097249c6-a208-4ac5-b6b4-31e108951e3b
Identificador de la vacante:4960607.
Ver las 526 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Postdoc positions in Computational Electrocatalysis. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- Postdoc in Oligosaccharide Synthesis. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- Postdoc in Peer-to-Peer Markets for Heat and Electricity. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- PhD scholarship in Modelling and Experimental Study of Industrial Cyclones. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- PhD Scholarship in Friction on the Molecular Scale. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- Postdoc in Techno-Economic Analysis of Power-to-Gas and Battery Energy Storage. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- Få mulighed for at undervise og sætte din erfaring fra praksis i spil. Dinamarca, 25 May. 2019.
- Professor of Algebra with Applications in Discrete Mathematics. Dinamarca, 23 May. 2019.