PhD scholarships in Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics
Trabajos de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The research in the Section for Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics is focused on nonlinear optics in fibers (supercontinuum generation and frequency conversion across the spectrum, from the mid-IR to the deep UV), the use of optical fibers for advanced sensing, the use of specialty fibers for exploitation of higher-order mode transport of classical and quantum information, and the use of the longest wavelengths for ultrafast THz spectroscopy (imaging and sensing with THz beams, nonlinear THz spectroscopy, extreme near-field THz measurements, and THz field-driven nonlinearities). http://www.fotonik.dtu.dk/english/research/nonlinearopticsbiophotonics
Responsibilities and qualifications
The Section for Nonlinar Optics and Biophotonics welcomes applications for PhD scholarships within the research areas of the section. We seek motivated candidates with a very strong experimental and/or theoretical background within the research topics of the section.
Examples of offered projects include, but are not limited to:
- Development of mid-infrared optical coherence tomography (OCT) systems based on supercontinuum light sources for non-destructive testing and bioimaging
- Development of ultra-violet supercontinuum sources for the semiconductor industry, based on gas-filled hollow-core optical fibers
- Radiation chemistry studied with THz-driven femtosecond electron bunches
- Femtosecond studies of field-driven chemical reactions
- Processing of quantum states using nonlinear effects in combination with higher-order modes in optical fibers
You must have a two-year master's degree (120 ECTS points) within physics, optics, electrical engineering or other relevant areas of the technical sciences or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master's degree.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the candidate will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes at DTU. For information about our enrolment requirements and the general planning of the PhD study programme, please see the DTU PhD Guide. http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/PhD/Rules/PhDguide
The assessment of the applicants will be made by a Department panel.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is 3 years.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here. http://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/working-at-dtu/career-paths
For further information or inquiries please contact one of the group leaders in the Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics Section: Prof. Peter Uhd Jepsen (pujefotonik.dtu.dk), Prof. Ole Bang (obanfotonik.dtu.dk), or Prof. Karsten Rottwitt (karofotonik.dtu.dk).
You can read more about DTU Fotonik on www.fotonik.dtu.dk/english.
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU - Moving to Denmark. https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 26 May 2021 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here) http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/phd/Applicant/Pre_acceptance-1-
You may apply prior to obtaining your master's degree but cannot begin before having received it.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Fotonik has 210 employees with competences in optics and is one of the largest centers in the world based solely on research in photonics. Research is performed within optical sensors, lasers, LEDs, photovoltaics, ultra-high speed optical transmission systems, bio-photonics, nano-optics and quantum photonics.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,900 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kongens Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=e1c848be-1e13-45db-8ae6-f107ad77803e
Identificador de la vacante:5344653.
Ver las 372 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- PhD project in Experimental or Theoretical Nanophotonics. Dinamarca, 15 May. 2021.
- PhD Project in New Light Sources. Dinamarca, 15 May. 2021.
- PhD project: Reuse of building components - documentation of properties by non-destructive testing. Dinamarca, 15 May. 2021.
- PhD projects in Telecommunication Engineering. Dinamarca, 15 May. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in design and optimization of cementitious binders for plug and abandonment of oil-wells. Dinamarca, 13 May. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Managing Virtual Team Collaboration on Enterprise Social Platforms. Dinamarca, 13 May. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Integrated Photonic Circuits for All-Optical Reservoir Computing. Dinamarca, 13 May. 2021.