Mechanical Engineer to support Star Cool in R&D. Sydjylland
Vacante en Dinamarca (Sydjylland) de Ingenieros industriales y de producción
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Ingeniørarbejde i industri og produktion
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Are you an expert in troubleshooting and have hands-on experience with various refrigeration components like compressors, valves, heat exchangers, etc.? Do you possess skills in project management and have a structured and systematic approach to problem solving? If yes, then you might be our next key employee to support our R&D team and the Star Cool refrigeration machine.
We are a small but diverse team committed to fulfilling our mission and ensuring timely and outstanding support for our customers. As one of us, you will get an opportunity to make an impact on many different areas if you can demonstrate the right personality and skills. From day one, you will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility.
You will be our ‘go to’ person and in-house expert trouble-shooter for a wide range of mechanical components related to our Star Cool refrigeration machine. You will have plenty of opportunities to show your initiative, working in an environment with a global reach. MCI oversees a fleet of over 300,000 Star Cool® reefer machines in operation worldwide.
Your everyday work will involve a high degree of independence in a flexible environment where innovation and quality are given top priority. You will be part of an international company of proud and passionate colleagues who come from different backgrounds and cultures.
MCI is located in Tinglev in Southern Denmark, close to attractive cities like Sønderborg, Kolding and Flensburg. We have strong local roots but act on a truly global stage. In Tinglev, you will enjoy an informal and supportive atmosphere. We work hard and are aware of our contribution to global trade, but we make sure that we have fun and enjoy working with each other.
You will be our new technical expert in a smaller team of young and dedicated employees. You will work closely with the R&D and Quality departments and report directly to the Head of System & Maintenance.
Based on input from the Quality department, your role will be to investigate and troubleshoot refrigeration components such as compressors, vacuum pumps, valves, etc. For this reason, it is important that you have some experience in coordinating smaller tasks/projects. As our trouble-shooter, you will also be our main person for communicating with relevant external suppliers.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Lead the troubleshooting of refrigeration components on the Star Cool refrigeration machine
• Identify mitigation areas and actions, and specify improvements to relevant parts
• Act as the ‘go to’ person on the Star Cool refrigeration machine
We are looking for
To qualify for this role as our new Mechanical Engineer, you need at least 2 years of relevant experience. Some experience within refrigeration is an advantage.
We are looking for a motivated extrovert who has strong analytical skills, the ability to see the wider picture and a healthy sense of urgency in terms of prioritising tasks.
You have an open personality, the confidence to take on an advisory role, and a mind that instinctively looks to improve processes. You also have the courage to challenge existing concepts and ideas.
As a person, you are curious to learn and you thrive on being given responsibility for a broad range of technical tasks.
Additionally, we expect you to have:
• Bachelor’s degree as a Mechanical Engineer or similar
• Experience with refrigeration components
• Basic project management skills
• An instinctive understanding of what customers are looking for and a solid understanding of technical terms
• Strong team spirit but with a willingness to challenge your col-leagues to ensure that you achieve high-quality results
• Good sense of humour and an outgoing and empathetic nature
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a pre-requisite.
You must expect approx. 15-20 travel days a year.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis until we have found the right candidate
Maersk Container Industry (MCI) develops and manufactures refrigerated containers, dry containers and the Star Cool refrigeration machine for the intermodal industry, including shipping lines, fruit multinationals and leasing companies. Widely recognised as the most energy-efficient reefer, the Star Cool Integrated reefer features innovative technologies such as Controlled Atmosphere (CA). The company employs around 4,000 employees. It has R&D and engineering test facilities in Denmark, two production facilities in China, as well as a global network of 400 service providers. Building on a heritage of more than 100 years in shipping and strong core values, MCI is part of A.P. Moller - Maersk. Visit www.mcicontainers.com
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: MAERSK CONTAINER INDUSTRY A/S.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Tinglev; Código postal: 6360; Calle: Bjerndrupvej, Número: 47
- Sitio web: https://jobsearch.maersk.com/jobposting/index.html?id=MC-244035
Identificador de la vacante:5183356.
Ver las 257 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Mechanical or Structural Engineer for Offshore Equipment. Dinamarca, 22 Oct. 2020.
- Overhaul Engineer - Minor Components. Dinamarca, 22 Oct. 2020.
- Manufacturing Scientist for Process Science. Dinamarca, 22 Oct. 2020.
- Technology Manager Specialist - CNC. Dinamarca, 21 Oct. 2020.
- Senior Loads Engineer. Dinamarca, 21 Oct. 2020.
- Processing Equipment Specialist. Dinamarca, 20 Oct. 2020.
- Mould Manufacturer Manager. Dinamarca, 17 Oct. 2020.
- Tech Lead Process Equipment. Dinamarca, 17 Oct. 2020.