Industrial PhD in Electrical Engineering. Dinamarca
Contrato en Dinamarca de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Do you want to take on the challenge of doing an industrial PhD while being employed with us?
Join us as an Electrical Engineer in the offshore wind farm electrical systems area as part of our group of skilled power system engineers in the Electrical Systems Analysis department, and do an industrial PhD with us. You’ll face a wide range of complex engineering and scientific challenges, and you’ll get the opportunity to develop and deploy some of the world’s largest renewable infrastructure assets, solving complex challenges that require innovative solutions in close cooperation with other leading specialists, leveraging each other’s know-how and expertise.
We have the pleasure of announcing a new industrial PhD project together with Aalborg University (AAU). Under this project, you’ll be enrolled for three years at the Department of Energy Technology at Aalborg University as an industrial PhD student under the Danish industrial PhD programme, and you’ll be employed with us. The project will be supported by our R&D organisation and linked to already ongoing research projects at Aalborg University (e.g. Integrated Battery Energy Storage and STATCOM for the Optimal Operation and Control of WPP in Power System) regarding solutions for optimised electrical infrastructure design of wind power plants with respect to reducing invested capital and operating expenditures and maximising the revenue stream. You’ll mainly be involved in the part of the research project called ‘Integrated Power Electronic Solutions to Optimize Wind Power Plant Design’.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant master’s degree in electrical engineering with specialisation in the field of power systems and/or power electronics with special focus on renewable generation
- have achieved excellent grades on your master’s programme, as a prerequisite for enrolment as a PhD student at Aalborg University
- preferably have experience from high-power electronic component and battery storage research
- have personal drive combined with both an analytical and a responsible approach to your work
- speak and write English fluently as we’re an international company and cooperate closely with our colleagues abroad.
Furthermore, it’s an advantage, but not a requirement, if your professional skills are based on relevant working experience, including wind power plant design. You’ll perform cross-disciplinary work and cooperate with colleagues and external partners in both our Offshore business unit and at Aalborg University, and it’s therefore essential that you thrive on teamwork. Finally, you’re eager to share your knowledge internally as well as externally with other researchers as part of the PhD project.
Functional area: Electrical Systems
Number of PhD students: One
Academic level: Postgraduate
Working hours: 37 hours
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 7 April 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
The first interview will be conducted by phone or Skype; the second will be held at our office in Gentofte or Skærbæk near Fredericia and will involve a personality test and an interview.
Desired start date: 1 June 2019
Additional info: You’ll be based at one of our offices in Denmark in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. Aalborg University is located in Aalborg in northern Jutland, and part of the study will take place there.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bjarne H. Hansen, Senior Manager, Electrical System Analysis, by telephone on +45 99 55 41 53 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,300 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Ørsted A/S.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Fredericia; Código postal: 7000; Calle: Kraftværksvej, Número: 53
- Sitio web: https://orsted.com/en/Careers/Vacancies-list/Hiring-process/Job-List/197109
Identificador de la vacante:4959847.
Ver las 582 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Postdoc in Biophysical Studies of Protein Aggregation and Phase Separation. Dinamarca, 23 Mar. 2019.
- Postdoc in Dynamic Nuclear Polarization NMR in Chemistry and Biophysics. Dinamarca, 23 Mar. 2019.
- PhD scholarship in Antibiotic Resistance among Mastitis Causing Bacteria. Dinamarca, 23 Mar. 2019.
- PhD Scholarship in the High Throughput Exploration of the Sequence-dependence of Protein Aggregation. Dinamarca, 23 Mar. 2019.
- PhD scholarship in Measuring the Catalytic Activity of a Single Nanoparticle under Real Reaction Conditions. Dinamarca, 22 Mar. 2019.
- PhD fellowship in Plant Metabolic Plasticity. Dinamarca, 22 Mar. 2019.
- Readvertisement - Assistant / Associate Professor in Sustainable Supply Chain Management. Dinamarca, 20 Mar. 2019.
- PhD scholarship in Magnetometry and Geophysical Inversion. Dinamarca, 20 Mar. 2019.