Group Leader - Remote Sensing and Natural Resources Modelling (M/F) (m/f)
Vacante de Directores de políticas y planificación en Luxemburgo
Clasificación del trabajo: Directores y gerentes : Directores administradores y comerciales : Directores de administración y servicios : Directores de políticas y planificación.
Führungskräfte : Führungskräfte im kaufmännischen Bereich : Führungskräfte in der betrieblichen Verwaltung und in unternehmensbezogenen Dienstleistungen : Führungskräfte in Unternehmenspolitik und -planung
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Description des tâches:
We are looking for a Group Leader that will manage a group presently composed of 15 researchers, engineers, and PhD students. Its RDI activities focus on the integration of advanced remote sensing technologies (satellite, airborne, drone, ground), geoinformation science tools and environmental models for the assessment, monitoring, and management of natural resources, from the local to the global scale. The group has substantial expertise in the quantitative analysis of microwave, multispectral, hyperspectral and thermal infrared image data for downstream applications in environmental risk management (with a focus on floods, drought), precision agriculture and maritime surveillance. The final goal is to cover the whole innovation chain and design, craft, test and bring to the market new technological solutions relying on Earth observation information for a sustainable environment.
Her/his main challenges will be to strengthen a work environment conducive to a constant generation of ideas that will allow finding innovative solutions. She/He will be responsible for the good balance in the group, enhancing collaboration and team work amongst employees, and finding relevant synergies with other research groups/partners including industrial ones.
Examples of other expected interventions:
- Lead a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of researchers and create a stimulating and motivating work environment within the group
- Be hierarchically the person responsible for the group members and assume the operational responsibility of the group’s human resources (be supportive to the team, set together challenging objectives, support the team member’s career development, be an actor of their salary review process, etc.)
- Appraise team members performance, identify personal development needs and promote them, ensure development plans are effectively implemented
Strategy definition and implementation
- Define and propose in collaboration with the team, a RDI strategy for the group, aligned with the department’s strategy and with LIST missions as an RTO
- Ensure the implementation of the RDI group business plan
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of innovative products and services, transferable to the private and public sectors
- Develop relevant external collaborations, partnerships and networks
Research group administration
- Ensure the financial follow-up of the group’s performances
- Manage the portfolio of associated projects and activities related to the group
- Be responsible for the scientific and technological outcome of the group
- Represent the group and promote its achievements internally and externally
Beside these responsibilities and missions, the Group Leader shall continue to build her/his scientific and technological knowledge and directly contribute to projects relying on his/her high level of expertise.
Niveau d'étude demandé egal Doctorat
Métier / domaine de formation:
- PhD degree in remote sensing or another environmental science with a specialization in remote sensing
- Have at least 10 years of post-doctoral experience
- Should have a sound RDI experience in remote sensing (image processing, algorithm development, spatial modelling techniques, integration of environmental and EO datasets), as well as in the development of applications and downstream services exploiting the opportunities of data and signals available from satellites
- A previous experience in a RTO is an asset
- Have comprehensive understanding of remote sensing processes, algorithms for detection, classification and retrieval of Earth surface variables and processes, and natural resources applications
- Have a comprehensive understanding of current challenges and trends in remote sensing, e.g. scaling between coarse and fine spatio-temporal EO data, data-model integration, multi-sensor synergies, big data and artificial intelligence in remote sensing, etc.
- Have a good team management experience, especially in a competitive RDI environment
- Have a relevant professional experience with project/portfolio management
- Have a proven experience in the acquisition of international competitive funding (in particular ESA, European projects) as well as in the acquisition of collaborative projects with private companies
- Demonstrate a proven experience in acquiring and driving as a Principal Investigator multiannual RDI and product development projects
País del trabajo: Luxemburgo.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Nivel educativo: Doctorado o nivel equivalente.
Experiencia: 10 años.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:PES_LU_582420.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Service and Comissioning Engineer (m/f) Fluent in English. Luxemburgo, 18 Oct. 2019.
- Senior Program Manager (m/f). Luxemburgo, 06 Oct. 2019.
- Program Manager, Air (m/f). Luxemburgo, 04 Oct. 2019.
- Senior Program Manager, Air Strategy (m/f). Luxemburgo, 04 Oct. 2019.
- Project Manager, Dangerous Goods (m/f). Luxemburgo, 04 Oct. 2019.
- Sr Program Manager, ATS Linehaul (m/f). Luxemburgo, 04 Oct. 2019.
- Program Manager, Air Strategy (m/f). Luxemburgo, 04 Oct. 2019.