Geotechnical Engineer for offshore wind projects. Dinamarca
Oferta de trabajo de Ingenieros medioambientales en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros medioambientales.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Ingeniørarbejde inden for miljø
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Would you like to help us develop and construct large offshore wind projects in Northern Europe and worldwide?
Join us and become Geotechnical Engineer in the Geotechnical Engineering department where you’ll work with a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the development, design and construction of offshore wind farms. We’re the world’s largest developer of offshore wind power, and our solutions are based on full in-house know-how within all aspects of offshore wind power technology.
You’ll be a member of the Site Assessment team, which is part of a large group of more than 600 engineers. We’re part of the Offshore Wind business unit which is working on several projects in Northern Europe as well as emerging markets such as the USA and Taiwan. Through your work, you’ll participate in the implementation of an ambitious strategy for international growth and the further development of sustainable carbon-free energy solutions.
Your key tasks will be to
- support the planning, scoping and supervision of phased geotechnical site investigations
- undertake geotechnical site assessments, including interpretation of laboratory and in situ test results
- assist in developing site-specific 3D-integrated ground models in close collaboration with our geologists and geophysicists
- support tool development for handling our large geotechnical databases
- derive site-specific engineering soil properties and soil profiles for the design of various offshore structures and facilities.
Additionally, you’ll prepare engineering reports (GIRs) and technical notes, and support research and development initiatives within geotechnical engineering.
Your competences include that you
- have substantial experience within the field of (offshore) geotechnical engineering
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc or MEng) in either civil or geotechnical engineering
- have a genuine interest in soil behaviour, in situ testing and laboratory testing
- have experience with (offshore) geotechnical site investigation and/or advanced geotechnical laboratory testing
- have experience with handling (large quantities) of geotechnical data and state-of-practice assessments of design-optimised engineering soil properties.
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently and possess excellent communication skills. You have knowledge of engineering software packages such as Matlab, and as a person you have a positive attitude, a strong drive and are eager to learn.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 26 October 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Paul Gibbs, Team Lead of Geotechnical Site Assessment at paugiorsted.co.uk, if you’d like to know more about the position. Alternatively, you can contact Willem Knoops, Manager, at wilknorsted.co.uk.
For the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on ukrecruitmentorsted.co.uk, if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit it via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 5,800 employees develop, construct and operate offshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore Wind’s 2,200 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit Ørsted.com.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Ørsted A/S.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Fredericia; Código postal: 7000; Calle: Kraftværksvej, Número: 53
- Sitio web: https://orsted.com/en/Careers/Vacancies-list/Hiring-process/Job-List/196565
Identificador de la vacante:4892289.
Ver las 34 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros medioambientales ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Geotechnical Engineer for offshore wind projects. Dinamarca, 16 Oct. 2018.
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer. Dinamarca, 11 Oct. 2018.
- Electrical Lead Engineer MV/HV (12720). Dinamarca, 29 Sep. 2018.
- Engineer - Sizing of Hybrid Plants-180002HW. Dinamarca, 19 Sep. 2018.
- Electrical Engineer-1800034I. Dinamarca, 19 Sep. 2018.
- Project Manager-180002M4. Dinamarca, 05 Sep. 2018.
- Head of EPC & Construction Management in Green Waste Solutions (GWS). Dinamarca, 04 Sep. 2018.
- Engineering Manager for offshore wind turbine foundations. Dinamarca, 01 Sep. 2018.