Experienced researcher in Plant Synthetic Biology (M/F) (m/f)
Ofertas de Físicos y astrónomos en Luxemburgo
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Físicos, químicos y afines : Físicos y astrónomos.
Akademische Berufe : Naturwissenschaftler, Mathematiker und Ingenieure : Physiker, Chemiker, Geologen und verwandte Berufe : Physiker und Astronomen
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Description des tâches:
The selected researcher will be expected to develop a strong, innovative research and innovation activity in plant synthetic biology and successfully define RDI projects in relation. She/he will be expected to bring her/his expertise to reinforce the team in this topic and create synergies with existing unit expertise.
- The main objective will be to set up a competitive research agenda focusing on plant metabolic engineering and understanding of biological chemistry as a basis for using plants and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, fungi and green microalgae) as cell factories
- Expertise on modelling of metabolism and cell function, bioprocess physiology and optimisation, experience in cell lines engineering, analysis and product design are required for this position as well as an excellent academic background
- In addition, a proven track record of working closely with industry and understanding industrial needs would be considered as an important asset
Furthermore, the main responsibilities of the selected candidate will include to:
- Define and manage as a PI new project activities in plant synthetic biology, including writing and submitting proposals for competitive funding and collaborative funding with industrial partners
- Understand and formalise needs of private/public partners regarding scientific knowledge or technological developments
- Formulate innovative/scientific/ technologic concepts
- Supervise post-doc researchers and PhD students involved in these projects
- Disseminate, valorise and transfer RDI results (patents, licenses, prototypes, publications, technical reports, participation in conferences, etc.)
- Actively collaborate with other researchers in order to promote interdisciplinary activities internally and externally
Niveau d'étude demandé egal Doctorat
Métier / domaine de formation:
PhD in plant biology, molecular biology, agronomy, chemical engineering, biomolecular engineering, or related disciplines
- Experience in proposal writing and project acquisition
- Excellent writing- and reporting/presentation skills (scientific level)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the proven ability to effectively communicate across different levels of the organization and with customers
- Customer and result oriented attitude
- Able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Willingness to work collegially in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- The candidate will preferably have hands-on experience with cell biology or molecular genetics and gene editing-based technologies
- Basic bioinformatics knowledge would be a plus
País del trabajo: Luxemburgo.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Nivel educativo: Doctorado o nivel equivalente.
Experiencia: 5 años.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:PES_LU_583120.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- PhD position in mass spectrometer development for in-line nano-analytics (m/f). Luxemburgo, 13 Oct. 2019.
- Characterization engineer in the field of molecular analysis (NMR) (M/F). Luxemburgo, 12 Oct. 2019.
- R&D Scientist (m/f). Luxemburgo, 14 Sep. 2019.
- Junior R&T Associate on Polymer thin films for surface hydrophobation (M/F) (m/f). Luxemburgo, 29 Ago. 2019.