Chief Accounting Manager 100%. Suiza
Vacantes en Suiza de Tenedores de libros
Clasificación del trabajo: Técnicos y profesionales de nivel medio : Profesionales de nivel medio en operaciones financieras y administrativas : Profesionales de nivel medio en finanzas y matemáticas : Tenedores de libros.
Techniker und gleichrangige nichttechnische Berufe : Nicht akademische betriebswirtschaftliche und kaufmännische Fachkräfte und Verwaltungsfachkräfte : Nicht akademische Fachkräfte im Bereich Finanzen und mathematische Verfahren : Nicht akademische Fachkräfte im Rechnungswesen
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
EUROPA Re is a Swiss based reinsurer and provides reinsurance coverage worldwide.
EUROPA Re intends to retain an experienced professional who will serve as Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), responsible for the overall day-to-day Europa Re accounting operations, and keeping the CEO current and up-to on all accounting management related matters. CAO will manage the accounting function of the company, handling accounting daily operations, preparing periodic and annual financial statements, and developing standards and processes for proper technical accounting and financial accounting and tax reporting.
The CAO’s main responsibilities shall include:
Directs and oversees all aspects of the Accounting function of the Company.
- Maintains the Company’s records and accounts according to the applicable accounting standards.
- Administers, monitors, and supervises the computerized technical accounting and financial accounting system to ensure accuracy of relevant technical accounting reports and the company’s overall financial reports:
- Ensures that the technical accounting system implemented by the company is reliable to generate accurate technical accounting results. Develops recommendations to improve the technical accounting system with the view of increasing its efficiency and accuracy in the calculation of technical results and preparation of relevant technical accounting reports.
- Ensures that the financial accounting system is reliable to generate accurate financial accounting reports. Develops recommendations on how to improve the financial accounting system to increase its efficiency and accuracy in preparation of the company’s financial statements and financial statements of donor-funded projects managed by the company.
- Monitors daily accounting postings entered by the company’s accountant(s)
- Advises on the company’s accounting practices in cases of unusual or complex technical accounting (underwriting, reserves etc.) transactions or any other complex investment and financing transactions.
- Supervises the accountant’s reconciliations of relevant sub-ledgers with the respective units in the company such as, but not limited to, underwriting, treasury and investment, and procurement unit to ensure a fit-and-proper booking of transactions.
- Carefully monitors the statutory tax transaction recordings.
- Manages the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements:
- Ensures that monthly, quarterly and year-end closing activities are completed timely and accurately by the company’s accountant(s).
- In charge of preparing quarterly and annual company’s financial statements based on the applicable accounting standards (Swiss Code of Obligation), Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA), and its reporting requirements for insurance and reinsurance companies.
- In charge of submission of annual financial statements report in FINMA’s designated platform.
- Oversees and coordinates fiscal year end process, ensuring accurate and timely closing of year-end books.
- Co-signs the company’s annual financial statements jointly with the CFO.
- In charge of preparing periodic and annual financial statements for donor-funded projects based on the applicable accounting standards (as applicable in Grant Agreements).
- Periodically reports business results to the Management of the company and the Board.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities by providing accurate actual, historical, and yearly forecasts and forecast data to the Budgeting unit.
- Works closely with the Finance function of the company and the CFO to ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions.
- Cooperates with underwriting and claims functions by providing relevant accounting data.
- Develops, maintains, and regularly updates written procedures (Accounting Manual).
- Makes recommendations to ensure accounting practices are appropriate and in compliance with established company policy/procedures and with the ever evolving regulatory and statutory framework.
- In charge of periodic or ad-hoc updates of the Accounting Manual of the company.
- Leads and coordinates audit arrangements and cooperates with the external, internal auditors and tax audits.
- Works with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end. Coordinates with the company’s staff to collect information for the external auditors. Reviews audit findings and proposed adjustments by implementing them accurately in the financial statements.
- Provides relevant accounting and financial reporting information to the internal auditor.
- In charge of tax audits related with the company’s statutory tax reporting.
- Supervises and evaluates the staff of the accounting unit.
This will be a full-time employment position and physical presence is required in the company’s HQ in Zug. Occasional travel on the company’s business may be required from time to time.
The successful candidate to be hired should meet the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting; and one of the following accounting designation (ACCA, CGA, CPA or similar).
- 5+ years of insurance and reinsurance accounting experience, with at least a part of it in a supervisory or team leader role.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Fluency in German is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of International Accounting Standards. Knowledge of Swiss Accounting standards would be a plus.
- Experience in statutory accounting and preparation of insurance and/or reinsurance companies’ financial statements.
- Solid knowledge in international taxation, with a focus on the Swiss tax environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and of financial/accounting software used in insurance industry.
Applications must be delivered to the address below by e-mail no later than May 27, 2021.
EUROPA Re Ltd.
Attn: Mr. Vlatko Mrkev, HR & Contract Management Officer
Bundesplatz 16, CH-6300 Zug, Switzerlandeuropa-re.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">vlatko.mrkeveuropa-re.com
Web site: www.europa-re.com
País del trabajo: Suiza.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: EUROPA Re AG.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Forma de contacto:
- Sitio web: vlatko.mrkeveuropa-re.com
Identificador de la vacante:74cdda8f-b485-11eb-a1d1-005056ac086d.
Ver las 834 ofertas de trabajo de Técnicos y profesionales de nivel medio : Profesionales de nivel medio en operaciones financieras y administrativas : Profesionales de nivel medio en finanzas y matemáticas : Tenedores de libros ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Seksjonsleder økonomi og anskaffelser. Noruega, 18 May. 2021.
- Autorisert Regnskapsfører. Noruega, 18 May. 2021.
- Accountant voor kantoor in OVERIJSE | Full Package + wagen. Bélgica, 18 May. 2021.
- GL Accountant - NGO, Supervise International Projects!. Bélgica, 18 May. 2021.
- Boekhouder. Bélgica, 18 May. 2021.
- Redovisningsekonom till AkzoNobel. Suecia, 18 May. 2021.
- Gestionnaire en indemnisation (H/F). Francia, 18 May. 2021.
- Junior redovisningskonsult med intresse för rådgivning till OMEGA Ekonomi. Suecia, 18 May. 2021.