Europeos.es : Inicio > Oferta de trabajo en Noruega > Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior > Call For A Phd Position On Developing Data Driven Models And Solutions For Enhancing Vehicle Safety
Call for a PhD position on Developing data driven models and solutions for enhancing vehicle safety
Demanda de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior en Noruega (Oslo)
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Professionals : Teaching professionals : University and higher education teachers : University and higher education teachers
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Description about scope of the PhD research
We have one three-year PhD position on Advanced Vehicle Safety, in particular, focusing ondata driven approach and V2X communication for enhancing vehicle safety.
Electronic safety and stability control systems available in modern vehicles are fairly advanced. Yet, adverse and dynamic weather/road conditions tend to make ensuring vehicle safety and stability an extremely challenging task.
The performance of a vehicle in motion is governed by a large set of correlated variables. For instance, parameters such as traction, tire-road friction, speed of the vehicle, etc. are key elements that affect the side-slip angle of a vehicle body if the vehicle skids on an icy road. During extreme geographical/weather conditions, the behavior of a vehicle in motion can become highly non-linear, thus negatively limiting the scope and performance of the existing safety and stability systems, and increasing the chances of vehicle side-slip/rollover in some cases, especially when it comes to challenging landscape and weather. Therefore, it is important to accurately estimate the key governing factors near real-time to be able to promptly take corrective measures in order to ensure that the vehicle(s) operate within their safety zones even during extreme conditions.
The PhD candidate will investigate state of the art on precisely estimating the fundamental parameters that orchestrate vehicle dynamics, and correlations between them. The methodology will mainly involve analyzing vehicle sensor data to assess and review the performance of the vehicles in order to derive optimal values and/or critical limits on control parameters such as vehicle speed and steering angle. Near real-time data acquisition and processing for critical scenarios in this framework demand highly reliable V2X communication. Thus studying the reliability of vehicular communication networks to fit the scenario of interest will also be an important component of this PhD project. The later part of the work will involve developing machine-learning based algorithms in a crowdsensing-framework to derive the control parameters. The study will be of great value towards enhancing vehicle safety and stability control systems, which will be a key component for autonomous driving.
About Simula Metropolitan Center for Digital Engineering
Simula Metropolitan Center for Digital Engineering (SimulaMet) is a research institute jointly owned by Simula Research Laboratory and Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet), Norway. SimulaMet is the center that hosts Simula's research activities on resilient networks and applications, mobile broadband networks, machine learning and IT management. SimulaMet is also a strategic partner of Oslo Metropolitan University in research and postgraduate education. SimulaMet is organized as a limited company and is located centrally in Oslo.
We consider interested candidates who have a MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines with top grades.
- Strong Mathematical background on vehicle dynamics models such as vehicle safety and traction control: non-linear dynamics, ODEs, optimization, estimation techniques, etc.
- Knowledge on vehicular communication networks
- Programming experience on Matlab, Python or R
- Knowledge/Research Background on data analysis
Desired qualifications (Will be an advantage)
- Knowledge/Research Background on Machine Learning
- Heavy vehicle dynamics
The candidate will also have to demonstrate an excellent level of spoken and written English, possess good interpersonal and communication skills and show willingness to work as part of an international team.
The position offers
- A highly dynamic and motivated team of international researchers and engineers.
- Professional courses and workshops led by international experts such as Communication of Scientific Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Writing Effective Research Proposals.
- Good office facilities located in the Oslo downtown
- Generous support for travels and equipment
- A competitive salary.
SimulaMet is an equal opportunity employers. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining the candidate's background, qualifications, research interests and how/why the candidate is qualified for the position;
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions and academic or industrial work, scientific publications);
- Academic transcripts including a copy of Master thesis;
- Contact information of two references, including the Master supervisor(s).
After initial screening, relevant candidates will be asked to provide further documentation of education and work experience.
The starting date will be in September 2019. Application deadline: August 2, 2019.
Further inquiries about the position can be addressed to Prof. Sabita Maharjan (sabitasimula.no)
Simula Metropolitan Center for Digital Engineering uses Semac-s background check in our recruitment process.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: SIMULA METROPOLITAN CENTER FOR.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:03121906000227.
Ver las 501 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Førsteamanuensis i elektroteknologi/kybernetikk. Noruega, 22 Jun. 2019.
- Universitetslektor i norsk for utlendinger. Noruega, 22 Jun. 2019.
- Stipendiat innenfor region- og byplanlegging. Noruega, 22 Jun. 2019.
- PhD research fellowship in long term prediction of ship trajectories. Noruega, 21 Jun. 2019.
- Førsteamanuensis/førstelektor/høgskulelektor landskapsarkitektur. Noruega, 21 Jun. 2019.
- Stipendiat i KRLE/RE-didaktikk. Noruega, 21 Jun. 2019.
- Stipendiat i molekylær parasitologi og fiskeimmunologi. Noruega, 20 Jun. 2019.