Back-end Engineer (Elixir) m/w/d (IT-Entwickler/in)
Vacante de Desarrolladores de software en España
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de tecnología de la información y las comunicaciones : Desarrolladores y analistas de software y multimedios : Desarrolladores de software.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
At SafeBoda (Full-time), in Barcelona, Spain
Expires at: 2020-02-28
SafeBoda is a rapidly growing consumer platform that is revolutionizing transportation, payments and on-demand services in Africa's cities. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa's booming young population.
At the heart of Poblenou (the centre of innovation and technology in Barcelona), and 600m away from the beach, SafeBoda opened late 2018, the Barcelona Tech Hub.
We are a venture-funded company, just completing a Series B financing, that is already having a huge impact for millions in East Africa.
In November 2018, SafeBoda was announced among the 2018 AppsAfrica award winners at an event held in Cape Town, South Africa. SafeBoda beat four startups from Nigeria and South Africa to become the Best African App.
Our Product Team
Operating in Uganda, Kenya and in the next few months also in Nigeria and Tanzania, SafeBoda is expanding rapidly.
In order to develop the best products, we believe that diversity and shared knowledge are key, that's why currently we have 2 offices for our Product Team:
HQ in Kampala with CTO and Head of Product based there
Barcelona Tech Hub
Any new candidate can decide where to live and work while contributing to our mission. We try to ensure that new hires go to Kampala for some weeks to experience the product regardless of where they will be based.
Our Product & Engineering team is currently represented by 11 different countries!
We are currently migrating our legacy back-end application from PHP to Elixir and breaking the monolith into Elixir applications. We use Postgres as our main database but use MongoDB for some parts of the application. We also use Docker and Kubernetes.
For more information about our company, product team and stack, click here. And if you want to know more about our product, you can also download our applications for Android and iOS.
As a Back-end Engineer at Safeboda you will:
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new features and products using Elixir and Phoenix framework
- Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You're in control of your own success
- Build & improve code for new and existing products
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularization, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- Degree in Computer Science or any related field
- Experience with Elixir/Phoenix in production
- Solid understanding of OTP and BEAM
- SQL and NoSQL knowledge
- Demonstrated experience producing readable and testable code
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills. You can spar with engineers, product owners and other stakeholders
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Experience with PHP/Laravel
- Have worked with Google APIs (Maps, Directions and Places)
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools
Flexible work hours - We're pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It's about delivery! You can start from 8h to 9.30h and on Friday leave at 15h!
Discovery days - Every 3 Fridays we spend the whole day to hack, read, talk to customers, try a new experience... explore and create what you want to!
Vacation - up to you! - You can freely pick wh
País del trabajo: España.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: SafeBoda (https://www.haveanicejob.de/).
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Forma de contacto:
- Dirección: Have A Nice Job - Landing.Jobs, Weinheimer Str. 6, 69488 Birkenau, Odenwald, Deutschland, Hessen
Identificador de la vacante:13643-8126_174048LS-S.
Ver las 953 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de tecnología de la información y las comunicaciones : Desarrolladores y analistas de software y multimedios : Desarrolladores de software ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- ANALISTES-PROGRAMADORS WEB I MULTIMÈDIA. España, 12 Dic. 2019.
- 2 Programadores/as especialistas en Drupal para Valladolid. España, 12 Dic. 2019.
- ANALISTES DE LABORATORI DE QUÍMICA INDUSTRIAL T-17. España, 12 Dic. 2019.
- Software Strategy Manager (m/w/d) (Softwareentwickler/in). España, 11 Dic. 2019.
- Back-end Developer m/w/d (IT-Entwickler/in). España, 11 Dic. 2019.
- Engineering Lead m/w/d (IT-Entwickler/in). España, 11 Dic. 2019.
- Programador/a de plc´s (estable) 96842/318. España, 08 Dic. 2019.
- Senior iOS Engineer (Productivity Team) m/w/d (IT-Entwickler/in). España, 07 Dic. 2019.