Oferta de Farmacéuticos en Københavns omegn (Dinamarca)
In Vivo Pharmacologist For Gut-brain Microbiome Engineering Project
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la salud : Otros profesionales de la salud : Farmacéuticos.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for sundhedsområdet : Andet sundhedsarbejde : Farmaceutarbejde
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The Bacterial Synthetic Biology section at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability is seeking a talented in vivo pharmacologist to lead our animal experiments testing various therapeutic strategies within microbiome engineering.
The overall project is focused on the using synthetic biology to engineer microbes and microbiomes for therapeutic purposes. The competences in the laboratory, led by Professor Morten Sommer, are focused on microbial cell engineering and microbiome analysis. However, due to the increasing focus on animal experiments to test our interventions in relevant disease models we are seeking an in vivo pharmacologist to design and partly execute these studies.
The project is focused on modulating the gut-brain axis using engineered microbes. The overall goal is to establish new therapeutic modalities for treating CNS disorders.
Responsibilities and tasks The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Identification of relevant disease models and collaborators
- Development of relevant therapeutic strategies with rest of the team
- Design of animal studies to be conducted either with our collaborators or at our internal animal facilities
- Analysis of results from animal models and feedback into therapy improvements.
The in vivo pharmacologist will work in a highly motivated team of +10 researchers striving to develop new therapeutic strategies harnessing the microbiome.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent.
A qualified candidate has:
- +5 years of experience designing and executing animal experiments within CNS disease models.
- Highly motivated by the potential of microbiome engineering for treatment of human diseases.
- Hard working and dedicated to their work
- Team player with a desire to help his/her colleagues succeed
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Very well organized and planning oriented.
What we offer:
- Exciting research area with the potential to develop new therapeutic modalities
- Collaborative, hard-working and friendly work environment
- Well-resourced laboratory
- Entrepreneurial environment
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointments will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The period of employment is 2 years.
Expected starting date: Flexible
You can read more about career paths at DTU here. http://www.dtu.dk/english/career/meet-our-people/career-paths
Further information may be obtained from professor Morten Sommer, email: msombiosustain.dtu.dk. Please do not send applications to this e-mail address, instead apply online as described below.
You can read more about DTU Biosustain at www.biosustain.dtu.dk http://www.biosustain.dtu.dk/
Please submit your online application no later than 28 November 2019 (Local time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (CFB) is a DTU research and innovation center established in 2011 on par with the other departments at the DTU.
Today, CFB is a multi-site operation with over 200 people associated and is still growing. The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability is housed in a very new building placed on main campus Lyngby specifically designed to meet the Center needs.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 11,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Región: Københavns omegn.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kgs. Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=a4635841-9754-486c-bc42-4e18603ac92d
Identificador de la vacante:5066317.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- FARMACEUT / FARMACEUTKINJA. Croacia, 05 Dic. 2019.
- Farmacéutico/a para Valladolid. España, 05 Dic. 2019.
- Ingenieur/in - Pharmatechnik. Alemania, 04 Dic. 2019.
- BOLNIŠNIČNI FARMACEVT SPECIALIST ZA OBLIKOVANJE ZDRAVIL - M/Ž. Eslovenia, 04 Dic. 2019.
- BOLNIŠNIČNI FARMACEVT SPECIALIST IZ KLINIČNE FARMACIJE - M/Ž. Eslovenia, 04 Dic. 2019.
- PTA (Pharmazeutisch-technische/r Assistent/in). Alemania, 04 Dic. 2019.
- Pharmacien (H/F). Francia, 01 Dic. 2019.
- Apotekforeningen søker Seniorrådgiver e-helse. Noruega, 30 Nov. 2019.