Specialist gastroenterologist with endoscopy qualifications, Slagelse Hospital
Ofertas de Médicos generales en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la salud : Médicos : Médicos generales.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for sundhedsområdet : Lægearbejde : Alment lægearbejde
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The position of consultant or staff specialist for the gastroenterology unit, Department of Internal Medicine 1, Slagelse Hospital, with an endoscopy function at the Gastrointestinal Surgery Department twice a week, is vacant.
We are looking for an internal medicine specialist: gastroenterologist.
About the position
You will be employed in the gastroenterology unit, performing an endoscopy function two days a week in the Gastrointestinal Surgery Department. For this position, we prefer applicants with experience of and expertise in screening, cancer diagnosis and colonoscopy. Furthermore, the following is handled at medical specialist level: ward rounds, outpatient clinic, day hospital and supervision.
Like all the other staff consultants, you will be expected to participate in the training of doctors in their specialist and introductory training programmes.
You will join the team of back-up on-call physicians at the place of employment: Slagelse Hospital. The backup on-call physician covers the internal medicine specialisations and serve the same function in the Emergency Admissions Unit and internal medicine inpatient wards. In addition to the back-up on-call physician (bagvagt), there is an on-duty first-call physician (forvagt) and an on-duty second-call physician (mellemvagt).
- Good working and educational environment
- Good medical environment in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology and internal medicine
- The possibility of participating in the department’s research tasks and/or conducting one’s own research
- Well-functioning interdisciplinary cooperation
- Dedicated colleagues
- Short communication route to management
- A growing emergency hospital
- A department with great development potential in the internal medicine field and other sub-specialisations
- The possibility of influencing the development of the gastroenterology specialist field
About Internal Medicine Department 1
Department of Internal Medicine 1 (pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology and rheumatology) values qualities such as professional expertise, initiative, a desire to cooperate across disciplines, training of future colleagues, loyalty and a willingness to delegate responsibility. Emphasis is also placed on the candidate’s ability to interact socially with the department’s team of doctors.
We expect you to be able to communicate expertly with patients, partners and colleagues.
We prioritise candidates who have skills and interest in working to achieve Region Zealand’s objectives and strategies and who will create awareness in relation to the new strategic areas of interest.
The department can offer cooperation on equal terms with good opportunities to make professional contacts at national and international levels through meetings and courses.
The department participates in the training of medical students from the University of Copenhagen via four clinical lectureships and a research lectureship.
About the Gastrointestinal Surgery Department
The Gastrointestinal Surgery Department in Slagelse is functionally divided into an upper/emergency team, a colorectal team and an endoscopy team. The department is rated for 24 medical specialists and 28 post-qualification doctors/junior doctors. The department has a total of 200 employees, 49 beds and a large outpatient operational and endoscopic production. The department diagnoses and treats 7,000 emergency surgical patients a year that are received in the hospital’s Joint Emergency Department, which includes approximately 600 trauma patients a year.
The surgical department is ambitiously committed to education and research. There are two consultants in charge of research, two associate professorships at the University of Copenhagen, three PhD students, as well as a consultant and a junior doctor in charge of training and educational activities. There is a strong management focus on training, quality and research in the department.
The endoscopy team performs around 8,000 acute and elective endoscopies/screenings and specialist endoscopies (ERCP, stent construction and EMR) a year. These are performed by five surgical specialists solely involved in endoscopy, and three endoscopy nurses specially trained and educated to perform screening colonoscopies. In addition, the department observes its obligation to provide endoscopy training to junior doctors undergoing specialist training.
Slagelse Hospital is an acute hospital, which specialises in the rapid treatment of acute illnesses. The hospital receives acute patients around the clock and undertakes planned treatment within the following areas:
- Surgery (diseases of the stomach and intestines, gallstones, hernias, haemorrhoids, appendicitis, and cancer of the large intestine and rectum). The hospital also offers endoscopic examinations and treatment of, for example, arteriosclerosis and balloon dilation of the blood vessels
- Medical illnesses (diseases of the heart, stomach, intestines, liver, lungs, spine, hormones and metabolism, as well as rheumatism)
- Orthopaedic surgery (all types of bone fractures, hand surgery, amputations, endoscopic examinations of the knees and wrists, etc.)
- Work and medico-social illnesses (work-related problems such as stress and physical strain)
In 2013 Næstved, Slagelse and Ringsted (NSR) hospitals became an autonomous unit within the Region Zealand public hospital service, with its own hospital management and administration. As of 1 January 2015, the NSR hospitals have 3,500 employees and 622 beds.
At Næstved, Slagelse and Ringsted hospitals, we do our utmost to create a stimulating and exciting workplace, and we strive to be the best place of training in Region Zealand for many different specialist fields.
Why choose Denmark
You will be a part of an informal and professional work environment and you will have the opportunity to influence how you would like your future in the department to plan out. The Danish work place culture is informal and has a flat hierarchy, a 37-hour working week and an attractive salary and pension scheme. In addition, Region Zealand offers a great range of leisure and accommodation facilities as well as good schools.
Benefits for you and your family if you choose a career at Region Zealand:
- A professional and inspirational work environment
- Opportunities for training and professional growth
- Good research opportunities - national and international
- Good quality of life for families
Facts about Region Zealand
Region Zealand is one of the five regions in Denmark and is geographically spread across 17 municipalities. It covers a geography of 7.200 square kilometers and has more than 800.000 citizens.
Region Zealand has six hospitals spread across the region. Region Zealand is attractive for specialist located in Germany and Holland because of the short drive or flight to the Region, which makes it possible to commute to the region or frequently drive home for a visit.
Please send your application to internationalrekrutteringregionsjaelland.dk. Please note that we only accept application from EU citizens because of the authorization process.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Slagelse sygehus - Ingemannsvej.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Slagelse; Código postal: 4200; Calle: Ingemannsvej, Número: 18
- Correo electrónico: internationalrekrutteringregionsjaelland.dk
Identificador de la vacante:5004503.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Global Medical Manager positions open in Global Medical Affairs GLP1 areas. Dinamarca, 11 Jul. 2019.
- Consultant or staff specialist for the Mammography Unit, Ringsted Hospital. Dinamarca, 14 Jun. 2019.
- Medical Doctors to join Novo Nordisk. Dinamarca, 14 Jun. 2019.
- Staff Specialist or Medical Consultant, Gynaecology and Obstetrics Department, Slagelse Hospital. Dinamarca, 14 Jun. 2019.
- Medical Specialist for Emergency Department, Slagelse Hospital. Dinamarca, 14 Jun. 2019.
- Staff specialist and consultant gastroenterologist, Slagelse Hospital. Dinamarca, 14 Jun. 2019.
- Staff specialist or consultant rheumatologist for outpatient clinic, Slagelse Hospital. Dinamarca, 14 Jun. 2019.