Senior Pharmacokinetics Scientist. Københavns omegn
Empleo en Dinamarca (Københavns omegn) de Farmacéuticos
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la salud : Otros profesionales de la salud : Farmacéuticos.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for sundhedsområdet : Andet sundhedsarbejde : Farmaceutarbejde
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Senior Modelling scientist / Pharmacokinetics scientist
Are you a scientist with flair for mathematical modelling and knowledge of pharmacology, biology or physiology? Then come and join the Discovery & Development PKPD department.
About the department
In Discovery & Development PKPD you will have 14 dedicated and highly motivated colleagues supporting projects from early discovery to submission. The department is organisationally a part of Global Drug Discovery.
In our daily work the department has close collaboration with all therapeutic areas and research project teams as well as external collaborators and CROs.
Discovery & Development PKPD supports projects with pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) evaluation using PK and PKPD modelling starting from early discovery, to first in human studies and throughout the non-clinical development. Our evaluation is essential to secure project progress. The focus is to support and integrate in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, biology and ADME understanding in animals to select the best drug candidates for development. In the non-clinical development, the department is responsible for predicting human PK and PKPD, setting dose for First in Human (FIH) and reporting toxicokinetics to GLP as well as to give input to regulatory documents (e.g. IND, IMPD, NDA).
During clinical development the department conducts the interim PK evaluation in early phase 1 trials (e.g. single and multiple ascending dose), collaborates with clinical pharmacologists to support later clinical pharmacology studies (e.g. Drug-Drug-Interaction, renal and hepatic impairment), and addresses PKPD related questions and issues as they may arise.
As a scientist you will be involved in a great variety of tasks related to PK and PKPD assessment, modelling and translation. You will be working in different interdisciplinary projects teams dependent on the project phase.
Key to your work is your modelling competencies and understanding of PK/PD and pharmacometrics supplied with an eager to apply your diverse analytical skillset to secure efficient project progression. You are expected to support one or more projects as well as supporting colleagues in the department with your special competencies and more general PK skills in case of resource bottlenecks. Focus is on the innovation and development of project specific analyses and models in close collaboration with other project scientists.
Successful candidates are dedicated scientists with an openminded approach who enjoy working in a dynamic environment and value sharing with colleagues and in the project teams.
- Ph.D within Physics, Math, Engineering, Life, Health or Medical sciences or equivalent pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong understanding of timeseries analysis such as ordinary differential equations (for analysis of PK and PD) and pharmacometric principles
- Proficiency and programming skills with additional modelling or analytical software (Python, NONMEM, Monolix, PK-Sim, R, Matlab or SAS) is preferred
- Solid experience with and understanding of pharmacokinetics and modelling software (i.e. Phoenix WinNonlin/NLME or equivalent) are preferred, and experience with Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetics (PBPK) and/or Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) is an advantage
- A couple of years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience within R&D is preferred
- Excellent oral and written language communication skills. Business is conducted using UK English
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
For further information please contact Flemming S. Nielsen (+45 3079 3064).
February 23rd 2020
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronical diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Región: Københavns omegn.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Novo Nordisk A/S.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Måløv; Código postal: 2760; Calle: Måløv Byvej, Número: 200
- Sitio web: https://www.novonordisk.com/careers/working-at-novo-nordisk/job-ad-display.26142.en_GB.html
Identificador de la vacante:5104497.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- R&D Formulation Scientist for Pharmaceutical Product Support. Dinamarca, 07 Ene. 2020.
- Pharmacist, Engineer or Cand.Scient for Regulatory Affairs, Vigilance within Medical Devices. Dinamarca, 03 Ene. 2020.
- Trial Manager to Drive Clinical Trials. Dinamarca, 03 Ene. 2020.
- Clinical Pharmacology Scientist in Global Development. Dinamarca, 03 Ene. 2020.
- In vivo pharmacologist for gut-brain microbiome engineering project. Dinamarca, 01 Nov. 2019.