Senior Development Engineer for data acquisition and sensor development
Oferta de trabajo en Dinamarca de Ingenieros industriales y de producción
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Ingeniørarbejde i industri og produktion
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
We are looking for an experienced measurement engineer who is capable of taking responsibility for the development of new measurement technologies and the operation of advanced measurement campaigns.
DTU Wind Energy are world leaders in wind and wind turbine measurements using a variety of both traditional and state-of-the-art measurement technologies. These measurements form the basis for evaluating the performance and limitations of new numerical models that are required for designing the enormous wind turbines of tomorrow.
The constantly increasing size of wind turbines presents new and exciting challenges both in understanding the wind itself and how the ever more flexible turbines react in this complicated environment. There is therefore a constant requirement for new methods of sensing the incoming wind and for new sensors necessary to keep the turbines performing optimally and safely.
We are looking for an experienced measurement engineer who can make significant contributions to these important challenges. The successful applicant will join a diverse team of highly talented technicians and engineers working on a broad range of project types. She or he will also be expected to make significant contributions to seeking both commercial and research funds for our work.
We are looking for an outstanding measurement engineer with the qualities necessary to take responsibility for making field measurements and also helping us in modernising how we measure, acquire and manage data. The successful applicant has many of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in an engineering or similar discipline with relevance to measurement technology
- At least 8 years' experience with field measurements in wind energy
- Proven technical expertise within measurement engineering, in areas such as
- Electronic circuit design
- Sensor design and development
- Data acquisition programming
- Data management
- Programming skills in some of the following areas:
- Python scientific libraries
- Unix shell
- Ability to develop and manage database systems and computing infrastructure
- Ability to prepare, communicate and disseminate technical reports
- Proven project leadership skills
You will work in a team of skilled technicians, engineers and researchers and have regular contact with many of our fellow colleagues in the Wind Energy Department as well as our external partners. Your personal qualities should include the following abilities:
- Getting tasks done, often in adversity
- Taking responsibility
- Finding your team role in a given situation
- Communicating clearly in English and preferably also in Danish
- Proactivity in self-learning in order to develop new skills
- Actively seek new challenges and interests
- Contribute actively to maintaining an excellent team spirit
- Last but not least, a good sense of humour!
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The workplace is DTU Risø Campus, Roskilde, Denmark.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 15 March 2021. Open the 'Apply online' link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Head of Section, Michael Courtney on +45 2132 7248.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Wind Energy is a world-leading and world-renown university department spearheading many areas of research in wind energy. We have a cosmopolitan staff of around 240 people from over 30 different countries. The Measurement Systems and Methods Section (MEM), where this position will be based, provides the measurement technology core of the department, developing and operating measurement systems for wind and wind turbines in cooperation with many of the other sections in the department. MEM is a highly diverse section comprising skilled technicians, development engineers and researchers. It has a highly professional attitude coupled with an informal and caring team spirit.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,000 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Roskilde; Código postal: 4000; Calle: Frederiksborgvej, Número: 399
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=11512f47-6a91-4ac9-9fee-d0721c404b6b
Identificador de la vacante:5288940.
Ver las 140 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros industriales y de producción ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Produktionsingeniør til optimeringer med kvalitetsansvar til RIVAL A/S. Dinamarca, 14 Abr. 2021.
- Produktionsingeniør/teknolog. Dinamarca, 10 Abr. 2021.
- Experienced Engineer for Advanced Projects. Dinamarca, 09 Abr. 2021.
- Senior Development Engineer or Development Engineer for wind turbine and wind measurements at DTU Wind Energy, Test & Calibration Section (TAC). Dinamarca, 30 Mar. 2021.
- Lead Reliability Engineer (m/f/d). Dinamarca, 20 Mar. 2021.
- Ingeniør til produktionssupport. Dinamarca, 19 Mar. 2021.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer with business focus. Dinamarca, 19 Mar. 2021.
- Cyklotroningeniør eller forskningsteknikker. Dinamarca, 17 Mar. 2021.