Trabajos de Físicos y astrónomos en Bélgica
Research Engineer / Scientist (m/f) (ref Project: Msp/21-08) M/w/x
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Físicos, químicos y afines : Físicos y astrónomos.
Intellectuele, wetenschappelijke en artistieke beroepen : Wetenschappers en ingenieurs : Natuur- en aardwetenschappers : Natuurkundigen en astronomen
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The study aims to develop novel energetic nanomaterials based on nanoporous carbonaceous materials, which porous structure is filled with an oxidizer, with improved properties in terms of toxicity, environmental impact, ageing and safety features with respect to the existing conventional energetic materials which are suffering from major drawbacks in these fields. These issues are of greatest concern for the Belgian Defence.
These energetic nanomaterials have very promising properties as they combine all the advantages of the nanometric scale without suffering from the health issues or the high cost inherent to nanoparticles. Furthermore, nanoporous carbonaceous materials are very versatile and allows the materials to be very finely tailored to numerous dedicated applications of interests.
- Characterizing the textural properties of nanoporous materials with a gas (N2 and CO2) sorption instrument and a mercury porosimeter.
- Characterizing the surface chemistry of nanoporous carbons by TPD-MS and XPS.
- Developing new method for synthesis or modification of nanoporous carbons to tailor them to the application.
- Optimizing and developing synthesis methods of composite energetic materials based on nanoporous carbons.
- Characterizing the thermal properties, stability and performances of composite energetic materials based on nanoporous carbons.
- Dissemination (workshops, conferences, and publications).
- Probable date of recruitment: As soon as possible, in consultation with the applicant.
- Status: Full-time employment based on an open-ended contract with the Patrimony of the Royal Military Academy (you will not be a civil servant).
- The study will last 4 years, until end 2024.
- Wage scale: A11 (holders of a Master Degree) / A21 (Ir or holders of a Master Degree in Engineering Sciences (Applied Sciences)) / A22 (doctors degree in the same area of expertise)
- Possibility to obtain a bonus for bilingualism (Dutch/French);
- Holiday pay;
- End-of-year bonus;
- Hospitalization insurance;
- Bike allowance / Free public transport (home-work commute);
- Free access to the on-campus sport infrastructure;
- On-campus restaurant and cafeteria with discount on the daily menu.
- Royal Military Academy, Avenue de la Renaissance 30, 1000 Brussels;
- Occasional travels abroad for scientific conferences, etc.
- The applicant shall have a Master or preferably a PhD Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent.
- Training or experience in characterization of nanoporous materials is required;
- Training or experience in characterization of nanoporous carbon is recommended;
- Training or experience in synthesis or modification of nanoporous carbon is recommended;
- International experience and publications in peer reviewed journal is an added value;
- Training or experience in characterization of energetic materials is an added value.
- You conduct scientific research in an independent and upright way within a multidisciplinary environment
- You think in an innovative and creative way.
- You communicate your results in a clear, concise and precise manner.
- You take initiative.
- You commit yourself in your job by giving the best of your aptitudes in striving toward the highest quality standards.
- The applicant shall have good knowledge of English (oral / written).
- Minimum knowledge of French or Dutch is an added value for collaboration with the staff.
The researcher may be exposed to confidential information and will therefore have to obtain the required security clearance. The candidate must consent with the background check required to obtain this clearance, which will be executed by Belgian Defence.
País del trabajo: Bélgica.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: ECOLE ROYALE MILITAIRE.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:1384285.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Research medewerker fytopathologie (bio-ingenieur). Bélgica, 10 Mar. 2021.
- Jr. Researcher Plant Virology. Bélgica, 10 Mar. 2021.
- Senior Research Engineer / Scientist (Project iMUGS Senior) M/W/X. Bélgica, 27 Feb. 2021.
- Technical Support Specialist (Physiker/in). Bélgica, 20 Feb. 2021.
- Doctoral scholarship for research project: Identification of cellular factors to allow the evaluation of the zoonotic potential of influenza strains M/W/X. Bélgica, 20 Feb. 2021.
- Research Engineer/Scientist (M/F) - HFM/21-12 M/W/X. Bélgica, 18 Feb. 2021.
- Technical Support Specialist (Physiker/in). Bélgica, 17 Feb. 2021.