Oferta en Noruega de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Ai In Cybersecurity
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Professionals : Teaching professionals : University and higher education teachers : University and higher education teachers
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
About the position
Position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow available at Department of Informatics.
The appointment is a fulltime position and is made for a period of three years (10% of which is devoted to required duties, usually in the form of teaching activities).
Starting date no later than 01.10.2021.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the University of Oslo.
The PostDoc fellowship is part of the CyberHunt research project and will focus on investigating and solving cyber security challenges by applying AI (Artificial Intelligence). Tasks will typically involve theoretical modelling, development of prototype software tools, analysis and experimentation, report writing, as well as some project management.
The main purpose of a postdoctoral fellowship is to provide the candidates with enhanced skills to pursue a scientific top position within or beyond academia. To promote a strategic career path, all postdoctoral research fellows are required to submit a professional development plan no later than one month after commencement of the postdoctoral period.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition to be among Europe’s leading communities for research, education and innovation. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or an equivalent qualification in computer science or mathematics. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by June 1, 2021. Only applicants with an approved doctoral thesis and completed defence are eligible for appointment.
- Applicants must have a strong background in at least one of the two following areas (strong background in both areas is an advantage):
- Data science, AI and machine learning
- Cyber security
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Only candidates from European countries, NATO countries and Five-Eyes countries may apply for this position. The reason for this is that cyber security research may involve collaboration with defense and national security organizations where security clearance may be needed.
- Pedagogical skills and experience in teaching is an advantage.
- Salary NOK 526 000 – 608 200 per year depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (position code 1352)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
- Professionally stimulating working environment
- Vibrant international academic environment
- Postdoctoral development programmes
- Oslo’s family-friendly surroundings with their rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, academic transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications, as well as the candidate’s motivation and personal suitability.
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed for more than one Postdoctoral Fellow period at the University of Oslo.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
Associate Professor Nils Gruschka, email: nilsgrusifi.uio.no, phone: +47 22 84 08 58
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system, please contact HR Adviser Torunn Standal Guttormsen, e-mail: t.s.guttormsenmn.uio.no
About the University of Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
The Department of Informatics (IFI) is one of nine departments belonging to the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. IFI is Norway’s largest university department for general education and research in Computer Science and related topics.
The Department has more than 1800 students on bachelor level, 600 master students, and over 240 PhDs and postdocs. The overall staff of the Department is close to 370 employees, about 280 of these in full time positions. The full time tenured academic staff is 75, mostly Full/Associate Professors.
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:9fcf6961-8459-42fc-a8f1-3579b5151647.
Ver las 481 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Igneous Petrology and Geochemistry of magma-host rock interaction. Noruega, 06 Mar. 2021.
- PhD Research Fellow in Computational Geodynamics –The effects of anisotropic mantle viscosity on subduction dynamics. Noruega, 06 Mar. 2021.
- Stipendiat ved Norsk håndverksinstitutt. Noruega, 02 Mar. 2021.
- Utdanningsstilling - intensiv - Klinikk Kirkenes/Hammerfest/Alta. Noruega, 01 Mar. 2021.
- Stipendiater i samfunnsøkonomi. Noruega, 20 Feb. 2021.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in e-health - two positions. Noruega, 17 Feb. 2021.
- Postdoc/forsker i biomedisinsk informatikk. Noruega, 16 Feb. 2021.