Postdoctoral position in Bioanalytical Chemistry. Dinamarca
Oferta en Dinamarca de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Postdoctoral position in Bioanalytical Chemistry
The Department of Pharmacy
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND)
University of Copenhagen
The Department of Pharmacy is offering a two-year postdoctoral position within the area of skin lipid purification and analysis. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in HPLC method development, preferably including preparative HPLC, for the separation and analysis of lipids. The project will be conducted within the LEO Foundation Center for Cutaneous Drug Delivery (LFCCDD), funded over a 10-year period by the LEO Foundation and the University of Copenhagen. The scientific platform of the center is built on integrative physicochemical approaches, including pharmaceutics as well as novel opportunities in nanotechnology, advanced analytical methodologies, and biological models. Through this, the center provides a dynamic research environment, with research spanning from biophysics, to drug delivery, and biological models for skin and wounds. The fellowship is available from 15th February 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis are often characterised by changes in lipid composition of the intercellular lipid matrix of the outer layer of skin, the stratum corneum (SC). Key to the barrier properties of the SC is the mixture of ceramides, which differ in head group, chain length and esterification. Within the area of novel analytical tools we combine state-of-the-art biophysical methods with improved models that more accurately represent both the healthy stratum corneum and the compromised barrier of diseased skin. In order to develop a deeper understanding of the consequences of lipid structural and compositional changes for the skin barrier properties and cutaneous drug delivery, we need access to a wide range of ceramides found in the SC lipid matrix, which are currently not commercially available. Consequently, in the present project, we plan to develop a lipid isolation and HPLC purification platform, allowing us to systematically investigate the effect of different ceramides on the SC lipid structure and permeability.
Your key tasks as a postdoc at the Faculty are to:
- Develop and optimise stratum corneum lipid extraction and purification methods from pig skin
- Use these extracts to prepare lipid multilayers that represent healthy and diseased SC.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts for publication
- Participate in national and international conferences
- Participate in teaching activities at the department
As an applicant you must have:
- Obtained a PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or similar prior to the starting date
- Experience in HPLC-MS and GC-MS analysis of various lipid species
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Experience in preparative HPLC method development
- Experience with lipid extraction, purification and characterization using techniques such as NMR, mass spec, HPTLC etc.
- Experience of physical chemical analysis of biological material
- Professional qualifications relevant to the project
- Previous publications
- Other professional activities and achievements
- Language skills
The place of employment is at the department of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in a dynamic and international research environment.
Terms of employment
The employment as postdoc is a full time and fixed-term position for 2 years. Starting date is 15 February 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 33,766 DKK/ approx. 4,520 Euro (October 2018-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
The position is covered by the “Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at the Universities” of June 28, 2013.
For further information you may contact supervisor Kathryn Browning; kathryn.browningsund.ku.dk, phone: + 45 35 33 26 37.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility) and https://www.workindenmark.dk.
Your online application in English must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘Apply now’ below. Your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
- Cover letter (approx. one page) describing your background, qualifications, interest and motivation for applying for this position
- Full CV
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement with defence date from the supervisor will do.
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications and relevant certificates
- Names and contact details of references and/or recommendation letters
Deadline for application
21.12.2018, 23:59 GMT+1. Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
Applications received later than this date, or which do not live up to the abovementioned requirements will not be considered.
Post application procedure
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the hiring committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment by an unbiased assessor. Once the assessment work has been completed, each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: KU - SUND - Kbh Ø .
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: København Ø; Código postal: 2100; Calle: Institut for Farmaci Universitetsparken, Número: 2
- Sitio web: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1307&ProjectId=148444&DepartmentId=19001&MediaId=4632&SkipAdvertisement=true
Identificador de la vacante:4906599.
Ver las 470 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Postdoc in Wound and Skin Infection Modelling. Dinamarca, 17 Nov. 2018.
- Postdoctoral position in Bioanalytical Chemistry. Dinamarca, 17 Nov. 2018.
- GN Global Engineering Graduate. Dinamarca, 17 Nov. 2018.
- PhD scholarship in Healthcare Design on Listening Effort and Cognitive Functioning: Towards Hearing-Integrated Care for Cognitive Health. Dinamarca, 16 Nov. 2018.
- PhD Scholarships in Intestinal Microbiology and Toxic Chemicals. Dinamarca, 16 Nov. 2018.
- (211-0015/18-2N) Tenure-track assistant Professor within Algorithms. Dinamarca, 16 Nov. 2018.
- Research Scientist. Dinamarca, 16 Nov. 2018.
- PhD Scholarships in Autonomous Materials Discovery (AiMade). Dinamarca, 15 Nov. 2018.