Vacante de profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora en Østjylland (Dinamarca)
Postdoc In Electrophysiological Measurements For Solar Cell Retinal Implants
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora.
Traducción de la profesión: Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område › Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde › Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter › Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The Yonehara group at the DANDRITE- Danish Research Institute of Translational Neuroscience, and the Department of Biomedicine at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University invite applications for a position as postdoc in the field of retinal electrophysiology as per 1 December 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is a fixed-term full-time position for up to 16 months.
The Department of Biomedicine prioritises diversity and a good work environment, as this is a prerequisite for groundbreaking research. In a dynamic and international research environment, dedicated employees are looking to generate new knowledge within biomedical research areas such as infection and inflammation, membranes, neuroscience and personalised medicine. The Department of Biomedicine provides research-based teaching of the highest quality and is responsible for a large part of the medical degree programme. Academic staff contribute to the teaching. English is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and at seminars. The department employs approx. 500 people from all over the world, and they make use of the department's modern laboratory-, core- and animal facilities. The Department of Biomedicine focuses on innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration with business and industry, and numerous researchers from the department have established companies to develop new medicinal treatments founded in strong scientific basic research. You can read more about the department here and about the faculty here.
About the research project
If you are keen on applying your electrophysiological skills for state-of-the-art neuroscience, we here can offer you a unique opportunity to improve the life of people suffering from blinding diseases. In the project BIocompatible Retinal prosthesis for restoring visual computations in blinding Diseases (BIRD), we are looking for a talented post doc candidate for the microfabrication of a photovoltaic implant for partial restoration of the vision of blind people. In this Exploratory Interdisciplinary Synergy project funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation you will work in close collaboration with engineers at DTU. Two of the most widespread causes of blindness are age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and retinitis pigmentosa (RP), combined affecting more than 170 million people. The detailed pathophysiology of AMD and RP is unknown, but the degeneration of retinal photoreceptors is a central event leading to visual loss in these diseases. There are no effective treatments for photoreceptor degeneration.
The overall aim of BIRD is to develop a biocompatible retinal implant using photovoltaics in order to restore visual computations for blind patients. We will do this by developing a photovoltaic chip (solar cell array) with thousands of pixels and 3D electrodes. We will study how this chip interacts with different nerve cells and the retinal biology and finally test whether such a chip produces signals towards meaningful vision.
Your job responsibilities
As postdoc in BIRD your position is primarily research-based but may also involve teaching assignments. You will contribute to the development of the department through research of high international quality. In your daily work, you will work closely with colleagues on your project, where you will receive supervision and guidance. Your main contribution will be the characterization of the photovoltaic cell array providing conversion of an external optical input signal into an electrical potential for stimulation of neural cells in the eye of animal models.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Independent research of high international quality, including publication
- Plan and execute experimental research
- Design an iterative process measurement procedure
- Record solar cell array-induced spiking activity from retinal ganglion cells in the isolated mouse or rat retinas with micro-electrode array and/or patch-clamp recordings
- Histological analysis of retinal tissues
- Analysis of electrophysiological data
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary research team in a focused scientific effort
- Contribute as teaching assistant at Aarhus University and supervise BSc and MSc student projects
You must have PhD in electrophysiology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering or a similar degree. You are expected to have a keen interest in biomedical applications and the ability to interact with researchers in a very interdisciplinary environment. A high-grade average and excellent English language skills are decisive to be considered for the scholarship.
As a person, you are ambitious, take ownership and possess good communication and interpersonal skills. We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English.
In order to be assessed as qualified for a Postdoc position, you must meet these academic criteria.
Shortlisting will be used.
Questions about the position
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor Keisuke Yonehara email: keisuke.yoneharadandrite.au.dk .
Your place of work will be the Department of Biomedicine, Ole Worms Allé 8, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
We expect to conduct online interviews for shortlisted candidates in weeks 34-35.
Terms of employment
- Appointment as a postdoc requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health.
- The yearly base salary for a fulltime postdoc is between DKK 465,475.74 and DKK 517.872,14 depending on the years of working experience after achieved MSc degree. The base salary includes a position related supplement and pension (17.1 %). Additional supplement(s) for special qualifications can be negotiated. Authorisation supplemement(s) will be granted, if relevant for the position. Your local eligible trade union representative at Aarhus University negotiates your salary on your behalf.
- Researchers recruited from abroad are offered a special researcher tax scheme with a lower tax rate.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Template for applicant - postdoc must be completed and uploaded under ‘Extra documents’
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- A maximum of five of the publications of greatest relevance to the job may be submitted (optional)
- Strategic research plan can be uploaded (optional)
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded (optional)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system (optional)
The assessment committee may decide to include non-submitted material in its statement. In such cases, you will be informed and obliged to submit material, unless your application is withdrawn.
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.
Letter of reference
If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and career counselling to expat partners. Please find more information about entering and working in Denmark here. Aarhus University also has a Junior Researcher Development Programme. You can read more about it here.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website.
Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education and the development of society nationally and globally. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 38,000 students (FTEs) and 8,000 employees, and has an annual revenues of EUR 885 million. Learn more at www.international.au.dk/
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Aarhus Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Aarhus C; Código postal: 8000; Calle: Ole Worms Allé 4
- Sitio web: https://AU.emply.net/recruitment/vacancyApply.aspx?publishingId=19f47754-839a-4a87-8afd-fd7ac684cfd2
Oferta de trabajo obtenida del portal Eures, con fecha 18 de Mayo de 2022, y con identificador de la vacante:5599820.
Ver las 212 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- PhD scholarship in Micro-Mobility Safety. Dinamarca, 05 Jul. 2022.
- PhD studentship in Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology. Dinamarca, 05 Jul. 2022.
- PhD scholarship in Dynamic Traffic Assignment with Integrated Behavioural Modelling. Dinamarca, 05 Jul. 2022.
- PhD scholarship in Reinforcement Learning for Intelligent Traffic Signal Control. Dinamarca, 05 Jul. 2022.
- PhD scholarship in Dynamic Traffic Assignment with Integrated Behavioural Modelling. Dinamarca, 05 Jul. 2022.
- PhD Position in Algorithms for Machine Learning and Data Mining at the Algorithms Group, IT University of Copenhagen. Dinamarca, 05 Jul. 2022.
- 211-0177/22-2K Professor in single molecule microscopy of proteins and biophysics of cellular responses. Dinamarca, 02 Jul. 2022.
- PhD Scholarships Wind Turbine Design. Dinamarca, 02 Jul. 2022.