A PhD scholarship in Solid State Battery. Dinamarca
Trabajo de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior en Dinamarca
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The Internet of Things (IoT) promotes the potential for billions of connected smart devices to communicate with each other using the Internet technology. The growth in the number of internet-connected devices is driven by the broad availability of reliable wireless connectivity as well as of power embedded components. To alleviate the need for primary batteries, smart devices can be self-powered by capturing green energy from one or more renewable energy sources, such as light, temperature and/or vibration, and converting these into electrical energy.
The position offered is part of a new national project supported by the Independent Research Fund Denmark within the thematic research areas of Green Transition - powering the Internet of Things. The project is carried out in close collaboration between DTU, SDU, Berkeley Lab and MIT and we hope that you might want to join the project?
The objective of this project is to develop a new miniaturized solid state battery.
We seek a PhD candidate for synthesis, preparation, and materials processing of new metal oxides thin films to fabricate all Solid-State Batteries. This involves the synthesis of solid-state electrolyte materials and electrodes based on thin films devices with tailored microstructure and interfaces. Investigation of structurally defined sharp interfaces without impurities is an effective approach to develop low-resistance interfaces in batteries. Electrolyte/electrode interfaces fabricated without exposing the electrode surfaces to air provide an ideal platform to clarify intrinsic battery performance and this will be carried out using Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) and sputtering. The ultimate aim of this work is to fabricate a working micro solid-state-battery on Si. This promises a step-change in energy density and a reduction in battery volume.
Qualifications for the PhD position
For applicants to be qualified they should have:
- A MSc degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, materials science or similar
- A strong background in applied physics/materials science
- Thin film growth by pulsed laser deposition or sputtering
- Fabrication and testing of electrical thin film devices and materials
- The ability to work independently with a strong drive, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a large, dynamic group
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in programming, finite element modelling or writing measurement software is advantageous, but not a requirement.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the candidate will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes at DTU. For information about our enrolment requirements and the general planning of the PhD study programme, please see the DTU PhD Guide. http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/PhD/Rules/PhDguide
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here. http://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/working-at-dtu/career-paths
The expected starting date is 1 July 2021, but requests for later starting dates can also be met. The position are for 3 years.
Please contact Professor Nini Pryds, +45 46 77 57 52, niprdtu.dk.
Please do not send applications to these e-mail addresses, only online applications as described below will be considered.
You can read more about DTU Energy at www.energy.dtu.dk/english http://www.energy.dtu.dk/english
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU - Moving to Denmark. https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark
Please submit your online application no later than 20 April 2021 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc)
- List of publications
- Grade transcripts and diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here) http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/phd/Applicant/Pre_acceptance-1-
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Energy is focusing on functional materials and their application in sustainable energy technology. Our research areas include fuel cells, electrolysis, solar cells, magnetic refrigeration, superconductivity and thermoelectrics. Additional information about the department can be found on www.ecs.dtu.dk
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,000 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kongens Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=3816d8ec-737c-4683-bf9e-b3490959c3af
Identificador de la vacante:5297483.
Ver las 481 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- PhD scholarship in Continuous-Variable Quantum Key Distribution with Squeezed Light. Dinamarca, 06 Mar. 2021.
- PhD position within the field of Bioreaction Engineering, focused on the Development of Novel Cell-Free Bioconversions. Dinamarca, 06 Mar. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Remote Control of Aerial Robots for Tool Manipulation. Dinamarca, 05 Mar. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in High Force Tool Manipulation with Aerial Robots. Dinamarca, 05 Mar. 2021.
- PhD position on Bio-based Anticorrosive Coatings for the Heavy Industry. Dinamarca, 05 Mar. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Cancer Bioinformatics. Dinamarca, 04 Mar. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Population Genomics of Fish. Dinamarca, 04 Mar. 2021.