Contrato de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior en Københavns omegn (Dinamarca)
Phd Scholarship In Robust Routing Optimization For Field Service
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Traducción de la profesión: Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område › Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde › Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter › Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Field service technicians at TDC NET drive approximately 80,000 kilometres every day, the equivalent of circling the Earth twice. Project GREENFORCE will improve the efficiency of field service by developing a software platform that will optimize demand management, remote resolution, and routing. The platform will decrease kilometres driven by technicians, thus decreasing cost and CO2 emissions. GREENFORCE is a partnership between DTU Management, DTU Compute, Softwarehouse Qampo, and TDC NET, Denmark's biggest supplier of digital infrastructure.
The project will use a combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Operations Research (OR), which is denominated as Decision Science. The objectives are: (1) Improved predictive maintenance by using ML to forecast component lifetime, (2) Enhanced remote resolution using AI to identify problem and chat-bots to support diagnostics and self-resolution, and (3) Optimal route planning and task scheduling to reduce driving time and increase service level.
Responsibilities and tasks
We are looking for an ambitious candidate for a PhD project (3-year, full-time) to focus on development of the central technician routing optimization algorithm, being robust towards the uncertainty in data, and dynamic changes during the day. The task is a question of matching the technician with the right skill set to solve the problem within a given timeframe, while minimizing driving distance. The algorithm should also provide feedback to the prediction part and remote resolution part. Focus will be on fast prototyping approaches, and efficient solution methods. The PhD will be hosted at DTU Management.
- You will be responsible for development of a robust route planning system. The goal is to extend technician routing to handle uncertainty, dynamic changes, and optional tasks.
- Your solution methods could include (meta)heuristics, decomposition methods, and AI.
- We will be using a prototyping approach with short sprints having well-defined goals
- Results will be evaluated on real-life data, and presented at leading conferences
- You will be part of an academic team of 2 PhD students and 2 Postdoc's (with DTU Compute).
- You will collaborate closely with decision scientists at Qampo and TDC NET, including a co-location with the partners in either Copenhagen or Århus, depending on your preference.
You must have a two-year master's degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master's degree.
- The successful candidate should possess an advanced degree in operations research or algorithms/optimization.
- The successful candidate should have experience in developing algorithms for hard combinatorial optimisation problems
- You should know MIP-models and how to solve them with CPLEX / Gurobi
- Some basic knowledge about machine learning and AI would be good, to improve collaboration with other work packages
- Good programming skills
- Passionate for research and pushing the scientific frontier
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Fluent in English, spoken as well as written
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the candidate will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes at DTU. For information about our enrolment requirements and the general planning of the PhD study programme, please see the DTU PhD Guide. http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/PhD/Rules/PhDguide
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is 3 years.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here. http://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/working-at-dtu/career-paths
Further information may be obtained from Professor David Pisinger (DTU), tel.: +45 4525 4555, email: dapidtu.dk, or Head of advanced analytics Kristian Edlund (TDC NET), tel.: +45 2091 6758.
You can read more about DTU Management at www.ms.man.dtu.dk. http://www.ms.man.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU - Moving to Denmark. https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 8 July 2021 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here) http://www.dtu.dk/english/Education/phd/Applicant/Pre_acceptance-1-
- A research statement (2-3 pages) explaining your ideas and relevant literature
Applicants not providing all the above material will not be considered.
You may apply prior to obtaining your master's degree but cannot begin before having received it.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The department conducts world-leading research in the intersection between management, technology and economics - in close cooperation with companies and public authorities. The Management Science division develops methods and tools to effectively manage the challenge complex decision making in organisations, companies and production and service systems. Operations Research (OR) is the discipline of applying advanced analytical methods to help make better decisions. By using techniques such as mathematical modeling to analyze complex situations, OR delivers executives the power to make more effective decisions and build more productive systems. OR is an essential part of the data science and analytics agenda.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,900 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Región: Københavns omegn.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kongens Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=26bb9cf0-ae3b-4d81-b43e-87efe40eea29
Oferta de trabajo obtenida del portal Eures, con fecha 12 de Junio de 2021, y con identificador de la vacante:5367274.
Ver las 246 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Associate professorship(s) in Enterprise Systems and IT Governance. Dinamarca, 12 Jun. 2021.
- Associate professorship(s) in Digital Transformation. Dinamarca, 12 Jun. 2021.
- Associate professorship(s) in Science and Technology Studies with a focus on climate & digitalisation, and critical data studies. Dinamarca, 12 Jun. 2021.
- PhD scholarship in Porous Materials and Foams Employed in Hearing Aids. Dinamarca, 12 Jun. 2021.
- PhD projects in Physics. Dinamarca, 12 Jun. 2021.
- Assistant Professor of Anti-Doping. Dinamarca, 11 Jun. 2021.
- Novo Nordisk Foundation PhD student in Scale-up of 3-hydroxypropanoic Acid Production in Strains of Corynebacterium glutamicum Equipped with Genetically Encoded Sensors (ScaleSense). Dinamarca, 11 Jun. 2021.