Búsqueda de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior en Noruega (Oslo)
Phd Research Fellowship In Mechanics Or Applied Mathematics
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Professionals : Teaching professionals : University and higher education teachers : University and higher education teachers
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Jobbnorge ID: 174069
About the position
One positions as PhD Research fellow available at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Oslo.
If the successful candidate has a good knowledge of one Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), the fellowship will be for a period of 4 years, with 25 % compulsory work (teaching responsibilities at the Department). Otherwise, the fellowship will be for a period of 3 years, with no compulsory work.
No one can be appointed for more than one PhD Research Fellowship period at the same institution.
Starting date no later than 01.01.2020.
The research fellow will be attached to either the section for mechanics (Section 1) or the section for differential equations and computational mathematics (Section 4). The ranking of the applicants may, to some extent, reflect the research activity in the two sections. The fellows will perform research within one of the areas covered by these sections. For information about the relevant research groups, see:
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this and they are expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, in mechanics or mathematics and have written a Master's thesis within one of the following topics: fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, computational mathematics, partial differential equations, several complex variables or operator algebras
- Foreign completed degree (M.Sc.-level) corresponding to a minimum of four years in the Norwegian educational system
The norm is as follows:
- The average grade point for courses included in the Bachelor's degree must be C or better in the Norwegian educational system
- The average grade point for courses included in the Master's degree must be B or better in the Norwegian educational system
- The Master's thesis must have the grade B or better in the Norwegian educational system
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English http://www.mn.uio.no/english/research/phd/application/application.html
- Salary NOK 479 600 - 523 200 per year depending on qualifications and seniority as PhD Research Fellow (position code 1017)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
- Vibrant international academic environment
- Oslo's family-friendly surroundings with their rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter - statement of motivation and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of the original Bachelor's and Master's degree diploma, transcripts of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link "apply for this job". Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants may be called in for an interview.
The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position. For more information see: http://www.mn.uio.no/english/research/phd/
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds. For this, applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity are welcome.
For further information please contact: Professor Atle Jensen (Section 1), phone: +47 228 55841, e-mail: atlejmath.uio.no or Professor Nils Henrik Risebro (Section 4), phone: +47 228 56027, e-mail:math.uio.no" rel="nofollow">nilshrmath.uio.no
For questions regarding the recruitment system please contact: HR-officer Nina Holtan, phone: +47 228 54424, e-mail: mn.uio.no" rel="nofollow">nina.holtanmn.uio.no.
Se annonsen og søk på stillingen www.jobbnorge.no
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Universitetet i Oslo.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:03311908000146.
Ver las 439 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Associate professor in Educational Leadership. Noruega, 20 Sep. 2019.
- Førsteamanuensis/førstelektor/høgskolelektor i i sykepleiefag (eldreomsorg og kronisk syke). Noruega, 20 Sep. 2019.
- Høyskolelektor i psykologi. Noruega, 19 Sep. 2019.
- Stipendiat i historisk studium av politisk kultur. Noruega, 19 Sep. 2019.
- Høyskolelektor i pedagogikk. Noruega, 19 Sep. 2019.
- Nasjonalt utviklingssenter for barn og unge (NUBU) søker: Forskningskoordinator, fast stilling, 100%. Noruega, 09 Sep. 2019.
- Stipendiat i matematikkdidaktikk. Noruega, 30 Ago. 2019.
- Associate Professor (tenure track). Noruega, 29 Ago. 2019.