PhD Research Fellowship in Biophysics and Medical Physics
Ofertas en Noruega (Oslo) de Físicos y astrónomos
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Físicos, químicos y afines : Físicos y astrónomos.
Professionals : Science and engineering professionals : Physical and earth science professionals : Physicists and astronomers
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Jobbnorge ID: 171201
A position as PhD Research Fellow in biophysics and medical physics is available at the Department of Physics.
No one can be appointed for more than one PhD Research Fellowship period at the University of Oslo. The fellowship will be for a period of 4 years, with 25% compulsory work for UiO Life Science.
Starting date preferably no later than 01.09.2019.
More about the position
PROCCA is a research environment within cancer therapy funded by UiO Life Science (https://www.uio.no/english/research/strategic-research-areas/life-science/) to promote interdisciplinary convergence. Norway will have its first proton therapy center in Oslo in 2023.
In PROCCA, we will investigate how the physical properties of protons versus X-rays induce differential biological responses resulting in different short- and long-term normal tissue damage. Moreover, we will investigate how this in turn affects physiological and psychological quality of life for the patients. The convergence environment will employ a total of 4 PhD students divided among the Department of Physics, Institute of oral biology, Institute of clinical medicine, and Department of Psychology.
The 4 candidates will work in a highly translational field together with a multidisciplinary team consisting of physicists, biologists, immunologists, oral biologists, oncologists and psychologists.
The primary workplace for the present position will be at the Department of Physics, University of Oslo. The work will include in vitro cell irradiations as well as optimization of proton irradiation set-up for animal irradiations and dosimetry.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- MSc in physics or equivalent, preferably with specialization in biophysics or medical physics
- A background and/or strong interest in cell and molecular biology
- Strong practical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good social and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary scientific environment
- High drive for science
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
The norm is as follows:
- The average grade point for courses included in the Bachelor's degree must be C or better in the Norwegian educational system
- The average grade point for courses included in the Master's degree must be B or better in the Norwegian educational system
- The Master's thesis must have the grade B or better in the Norwegian educational system
Other desired qualifications include :
- Experience with cell culturing
- Experience with use of ionizing radiation
- Salary NOK 479 600 - 523 200 per annum depending on qualifications and seniority as PhD Research Fellow (position code 1017)
- A good working environment in constant development
- High professional level
- Challenging and varied work
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement
- Oslo's family-friendly surroundings with their rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include:
- Cover letter including a description of scientific interests and the motivation for applying for the position (max. 2 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency if needed (please see admission criteria)
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link "Apply for this job". Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants will normally be called in for an interview.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Research Fellowships at the University of Oslo.
The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The fellowship requires admission to the PhD program at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD program must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position. For more information see: http://www.mn.uio.no/english/research/phd/
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The appointment may be shortened/given a more limited scope within the framework of the applicable guidelines on account of any previous employment in academic positions.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity. The University of Oslo has a goal of recruiting more women in academic positions. Women are encouraged to apply.
Associate professor Nina Jeppesen Edin, e-mail:n.f.j.edinfys.uio.nofys.uio.no" rel="nofollow">eirik.malinenfys.uio.no
For technical questions regarding the application system, please contact HR Adviser Elin Thoresen, +47 22 85 71 96, e-mail: fys.uio.no" rel="nofollow">elin.thoresenmn.uio.no
Se annonsen og søk på stillingen www.jobbnorge.no
País del trabajo: Noruega.
Número de puestos: 1.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: Universitetet i Oslo.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Identificador de la vacante:03311905000468.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Fysiker. Noruega, 27 Jun. 2019.
- MR-fysikar - Drift/teknisk divisjon / Medisinsk-teknisk avdeling. Noruega, 07 May. 2019.
- PhD position within the KPN project WINDMOOR(IV-160/19). Noruega, 25 Abr. 2019.