Empleo de Ingenieros en Dinamarca (HOVEDSTADEN)
Metabolic Engineering Team Leader
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros no clasificados bajo otros epígrafes.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Andet ingeniørarbejde (undtagen elektroteknologi)
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced metabolic engineer to lead commercialization-directed microbial metabolic engineering activities at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) near Copenhagen.The position is part of the iLoop Translational Unit at DTU Biosustain and refers to the Director of the Unit. The iLoop Unit is responsible for commercialization-oriented development of microbial strains for production of fine and commodity chemicals at DTU Biosustain. iLoop projects aim at the formation of a spinout company based on the strains and processes developed at DTU Biosustain, or are collaborations with external commercial partners. The iLoop Unit consists of specialized teams (metabolic engineering, in silico design, automation and analytics) that contribute to iLoop projects. As a part of DTU Biosustain the iLoop Unit has access to leading edge instrumentation and software tools as well as skilled and experienced personnel to develop new microbial production strains rapidly. As a leading international research center in its field, DTU Biosustain develops innovative experimental and computational methods to accelerate metabolic engineering projects, and these technologies are available for iLoop projects as well.Primary areas of responsibility
- Manage a team of metabolic engineering project leaders, metabolic engineers and technicians
- Oversee the strain development project portfolio for iLoop Unit
- Devise and implement metabolic engineering strategies for increased production metrics (titer, productivity, yield)
- Interface and collaborate with iLoop analytical, in silico design and automation teams as well as the DTU Biosustain pre-pilot plant to develop commercialization-ready strains and processes
- Collaborate with other DTU Biosustain research and infrastructure units to develop and deploy new technologies for metabolic engineering of microbial strains
- Participate in development of new project proposals and project plans together with DTU Biosustain business development unit and pre-pilot plant
- Interface with external customers, collaborators and service suppliers
Our expectations of you
- PhD in metabolic engineering, microbiology, biochemical engineering or equivalent experience with a MSc degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant industry is required
- Demonstrated ability to engineer strains for high level chemical or protein production is needed
- Demonstrated ability to lead successful strain engineering projects is required
- Experience in managing teams of scientists, engineers and technicians is preferred
- Strong background in microbial (bacterial and/or fungal) metabolic physiology is highly desirable
- Ability to quickly identify, deploy and further develop new technologies to speed up metabolic engineering process is expected
- Excellent communication skills in English are required
What we offer in returnWe offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.In recent years, DTU has been working concertedly to professionalize management. The DTU Leadership Role is based on four cornerstones: academic management, resource management, Performance-enhancing HR management and strategic management. Moreover, self-management and DTU’s values constitute the central parameters for these four disciplines. To find out
Servicio de empleo de origen: AMS, Servicios Públicos de Empleo, Dinamarca.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Fecha de inicio: 01/03/2018.
Nº de vacantes: 1.
Nivel educativo requerido: Sin especificar.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Duración del contrato: Indefinido.
Cómo solicitar el puesto: Markus Herrgård
Empresa: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Contacto: Johannes Mols
Ver las 220 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros no clasificados bajo otros epígrafes ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Clinical Trial Supply Professional. Dinamarca, 17 May. 2018.
- Lead Engineer within Test Area. Dinamarca, 17 May. 2018.
- Decoration Engineer for Novelty Decoration. Dinamarca, 17 May. 2018.
- International Trial Managers to improve the life of millions. Dinamarca, 03 May. 2018.
- Clinical Trial Administrator in Global Development. Dinamarca, 01 May. 2018.
- er System Engineer for Renewable Hybrid Power Plants-170004QP. Dinamarca, 20 Abr. 2018.
- Team Lead - Blades. Dinamarca, 12 Abr. 2018.
- Clinical Trial Administrator in Global Development. Dinamarca, 08 Abr. 2018.