Head Trade Finance (80 - 100%). Zürich. Suiza
Contratación de Matemáticos, actuarios y estadísticos en Zürich (Suiza)
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería › Matemáticos, actuarios y estadísticos › Matemáticos, actuarios y estadísticos.
Traducción de la profesión: Akademische Berufe › Naturwissenschaftler, Mathematiker und Ingenieure › Mathematiker, Versicherungsmathematiker und Statistiker › Mathematiker, Versicherungsmathematiker und Statistiker.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About The Role
The Global Head Trade Finance of Swiss Re Corporate Solutions reports directly to Andreas Hillebrand, Head Credit & Surety and Member of the Bespoke Underwriting Leadership Team. He/she is a Director at Swiss Re and has a central team of about 10 staff and global oversight for Trade Finance business with Banks and Corporates.
The Global Head Trade Finance is primarily responsible for generating economic profit for Corporate Solutions in line with the company's cycle management strategy. He/she will actively manage and lead the underwriting activities globally and is responsible for the performance of the unit. The Global Head Trade Finance acts as the Chief Underwriter and is responsible for managing the portfolio. He/she will interact with the respective broker counterparts and clients, while maintaining an active network and facilitating a sustainable business development. The Global Head Trade Finance has a broad responsibility that encompasses understanding and execution of the company's strategy, leadership, planning, compliance and portfolio steering, as well as achieving growth by developing and implementing sales and underwriting actions.
The main areas of responsibility include the following:
• Reports into the Head Credit & Surety and is part of the Leadership Team for this department;
• Develops/implements the strategic growth plan for the business;
• Regularly interacts with/represents Corporate Solutions with Senior Management of Banks, Corporate Clients and brokers;
Underwriting & Sales
• Responsible for the global P&L of today about CHF 80 m with a plan to grow portfolio over the next 5 years and in line with our cycle management positioning;
• Provides product steering and monitoring, analysing the risk landscape to ensure growth is balanced and both sustainable and profitable;
• Accurately spots trends in early stages and collaborates to improve product offerings in order to provide a competitive advantage for CorSo.
• Recognised as an industry expert in customer knowledge; leverages intimate understanding of customer’s needs and expectations and proactively anticipates shifts in market / customer mind-set in order to realign CorSo’s marketing agenda with an enhanced brand image.
• Adapts and monitors the sales process based on macro industry trends, industry awareness, product and solution portfolios.
• Establishes underwriting guidelines and renewal messages – ensuring compliance with those guidelines;
• Manages the process of risk analysis, pricing, structuring and capacity deployment prior to inception;
• Supports tool developments and industry specific pricing initiatives;
• Takes the lead on managing and monitoring portfolio performance against key performance indicators.
• Monitors closely costing accuracy;
The Global Head Trade Finance will ensure compliance with Swiss Re guidelines and lives the Swiss Re Values and Corporate Solutions Leadership Imperatives. In addition he/she takes responsibility for cost planning and staying within budget. The Global Head Trade Finance is measured against a set of financial KPIs related to the profitability of the Unit, as well as the leadership competencies.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in Credit related business in a Bank or Insurer
• Proven track record in strategy development and execution, sales and new business development;
• Ability to lead a global team in a multi-cultural environment
• Strong financial acumen with deep capital/financial markets proficiency.
• Solid know-how of key Credit products and Debt markets (OECD and EM) as well as contractual risk mitigation techniques standard for this line of business.
• Solid expertise in data analytics, developing methodologies and outputs to provide key insights to drive business decisions.
• Demonstrates a hunger for business and the ambition to beat the competition; Thinks and acts as an owner; cost conscious and profit focused;
• Promotes innovation and bold actions, while appropriately balancing risk and reward; Builds and maintains mission critical business relationships;
• Consistently applies effective judgement in complex contexts with delegated authority, dispersed resources and with multiple stakeholders with different goals.
• Strong networking skills; excellent team player including ability to work well with teams in multiple locations and business units.
• Proven ability to attract and retain talent
• Encourages collaborative working at every given opportunity
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Empowers and holds people accountable;
• Has the courage to challenge the status quo and to knock down barriers to success.
• Has the ability to develop new ways of serving customers that are more efficient and cost effective.
• Fluency in English required, other languages a plus.
• Business relevant qualifications expected.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
País del trabajo: Suiza.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Ltd.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Forma de contacto:
- Teléfono: +42 12 583 19 009
- Sitio web: https://performancemanager12.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=99341&company=SwissRe
Oferta de trabajo obtenida del portal Eures, con fecha 16 de Mayo de 2021, y con identificador de la vacante:a23aba4e-b490-11eb-a1d1-005056ac086d.
Ver las 29 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería › Matemáticos, actuarios y estadísticos › Matemáticos, actuarios y estadísticos ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Datenspezialist mit DB-Admin Erfahrung (m/w) 80-100%. Suiza, 18 Jul. 2021.
- Data Warehouse Engineer. Suiza, 16 Jul. 2021.
- Sr. Technical Delivery Lead, Cloud and Data Platform #177159. Suiza, 02 Jul. 2021.
- Research Projects Manager Quantum Computing. Suiza, 15 May. 2021.
- Senior Weather Analyst. Suiza, 05 May. 2021.
- Senior Actuarial Analyst (80-100%). Suiza, 05 May. 2021.