Guides, Copenhagen, Denmark. HOVEDSTADEN. Dinamarca
Oferta de empleo en Dinamarca (HOVEDSTADEN) de Guías de turismo
Clasificación del trabajo: Trabajadores de los servicios y vendedores de comercios y mercados : Trabajadores de los servicios personales : Personal al servicio directo de los pasajeros : Guías de turismo.
Service- og salgsarbejde : Servicearbejde : Service- og kontrolarbejde under transport og rejser : Turist- og rejselederarbejde
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
OURWAY Tours AB, Copenhagen, Denmark, is offering guides positions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
OURWAY Tours is a start-up company founded in 2011. The company operates as a bespoke tour operator, specialising in public and private tours within Scandinavia – and its capitals Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm. The purpose of OURWAY Tours is to show people visiting Scandinavia; its people, places, and culture – the local way.
OURWAY Tours have three full-time employees located at our office in Gamla stan, Stockholm. The headquarter facilitate the everyday operation of the business with the primary roles present being Sales, Marketing, and Finance. The company also has several part-time employees who operate the daily tours that OURWAY Tours provide to its customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a tour guide at OURWAY Tours, your job will involve introducing tourists to Copenhagens popular and unique attractions, such as historical monuments, botanical gardens, royal parks, museums, art galleries and other areas of cultural interest. It's your job to ensure that our guests are properly greeted and get an informative and entertaining experience with us.
Your primary responsibilities will include taking our customers on tours, around a certain area of interest. Our customers come from all over the world and participate in tours offered in multiple languages. All our tours are created in-house with the primary focus on showing the customers our view of our fantastic capital cities; Copenhagen, Oslo & Stockholm. We offer both public tours with set departures and private tours that can be booked by individuals and companies.
You schedule is adapted to the length of the tour.
You will play the role of a cultural ambassador, offering commentary and interesting titbits of information, which will allow visitors to fully experience and enjoy Copenhagens social, cultural and historical highlights.
To be employed, you need to be able to participate in our guide training. The sessions are held on weekends (daytime) and on workdays (evenings). On top of that, you need to participate in a couple of tours to get a feeling for the job. Our training sessions will inform you about our business and the tours we have on offer. It will also help you prepare to answer any questions our guests might have. You will be compensated for the training sessions.
You should have a high school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree is a plus especially in the fields of architecture & design, international relations and political science.
Fluency in the English language is essential, and knowledge of another modern language would be an advantage. Our tours are primarily offered in English and German, although other languages such as Spanish, French & Italian are meritorious.
You will be employed on a tour-to-tour basis and paid by the hour. Our rates are 168 DKK/hour incl holiday pay.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times
- Outline the tour and timeline before beginning
- Determine if any guests have physical restrictions that should be considered
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner
- Answer any questions that the guests have
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the city and related topics
- Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times
- De-escalate any tension with difficult guests
- Escort guests through the tour, taking breaks as needed
- Keep the tour moving on schedule while still being considerate to guests
- Know all safety and security protocols, should they be needed
Servicio de empleo de origen: AMS, Servicios Públicos de Empleo, Dinamarca.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Fecha de inicio: 28/01/2018.
Nº de vacantes: 5.
Nivel educativo requerido: Sin especificar.
Cómo solicitar el puesto: Natalie O'Sullivan
Empresa: Stockholm Our Way AB.
Contacto: Natalie O'Sullivan
Ver las 65 ofertas de trabajo de Trabajadores de los servicios y vendedores de comercios y mercados : Trabajadores de los servicios personales : Personal al servicio directo de los pasajeros : Guías de turismo ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Events and Tour Guide. Irlanda, 22 Mar. 2018.
- Allround animatiemedewerker in Europa. Países Bajos, 21 Mar. 2018.
- Ervaren hoofdanimator op grote Iris Parc camping in Frankrijk. Países Bajos, 21 Mar. 2018.
- GROUP LEADERS / RESIDENCE LEADERS. Malta, 15 Mar. 2018.
- AGENT D'ACCUEIL (H/F). Bélgica, 14 Mar. 2018.
- Mat- og opplevelsesansvarlig. Noruega, 13 Mar. 2018.
- Sommerguider til Troldhaugen, Lysøen og Siljustøl. Noruega, 09 Mar. 2018.
- Tour Guide (m/f) - Norway / Gids, (m/v). Noorwegen. Noruega, 08 Mar. 2018.