Contratación de profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora en Byen København (Dinamarca)
Full Professor In Digital Play
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora.
Traducción de la profesión: Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område › Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde › Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter › Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
The Digital Design Department at the IT University of Copenhagen invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of full professor for its Center for Digital Play. The proposed starting date is January 2023 or soon thereafter.
The IT University’s vision is to create and share knowledge that is profound and leads to ground-breaking information technology and services for the benefit of humanity. The Department of Digital Design researches and teaches the design of digital technologies and services with a positive impact on society, industry, and climate in domains like public sector, health, welfare and games.
We look to hire a candidate with a strong profile in digital play and computer games. The candidate should have a cross disciplinary approach to games and playable media, understanding how theoretical analysis, design, AI, data-driven user modelling, and ethnographic and qualitative approaches are of importance for the field.
The candidate is expected to contribute to shaping the Center for Digital Play in the fields of artificial intelligence, game studies, data science, game culture, and game design. This includes identification of new synergies between research domains within artificial intelligence, game studies, and play design. The candidate should take a leading role in a successful establishing of the Center for Digital Play including the Center’s possibilities in attracting external funding and doing formal collaboration agreements with relevant industries in the field.
The candidate must be able to conduct education and develop the research agenda at the intersection of two or more of the following areas:
- Data-driven play design and play analytics based on a critical analysis of play and games applying theories from software studies, critical algorithmic studies, and new materialist philosophy
- The role of automation, AI, and especially AI & Ethics, in Digital Play
- The ethics of digital games and play, including developing a practical ethics for the design of digital play, including commercial applications
- The cultural and social functions of digital play, including gamification in private and public sectors
The full professor is expected to contribute to research and education, to work strategically in research, research funding, and organisation of research, and mentor junior researchers in the applied-for area. Moreover, the professor is expected to attract external research funding and to build external collaboration in joint research projects, also with partners outside of academia.
The successful applicant should demonstrate ability to delivering excellent results with regard to:
- Education and curriculum development
- Outreach outside academia, e.g. to industry, other organizations, or the public
- PhD supervision
- Research management
- Attracting external funding
The responsibilities of the professor will include:
- Develop education and teaching at the university
- Contribute to maintaining the excellence of the MSc Games program and the employability of the graduates
- Contribute to maintaining ITU as a leading university in the research field of Computer Games and Digital Play
- Lead collaboration with external partners
- Create a pipeline of external research funding
- Develop relations to external partners, to business, government and society at large
The application should also state any additional qualities that the candidate may possess, such as excellent communication skills, leadership skills in diverse environments, and the like.
Working at the IT University
We have an open and informal working environment and a varied everyday life. The faculty in the Digital Design Department is diverse, with faculty from many different countries. We have an equal gender balance among students and among faculty.
Working in Copenhagen
Copenhagen has a strong educational system, a rich cultural life, universal healthcare, good childcare, and well-functioning infrastructure. Living and working in Copenhagen will be a good experience for you and your family.
Applicants must be able to read and speak a Scandinavian language or be willing to learn Danish.
The IT University is a teaching and research-based tertiary institution concerned with IT and the opportunities it offers. The IT University has more than 160 full-time academics. Research and teaching in IT span all academic activities which involve computers including computer science, design research and user experience, computer games research and social sciences, business impact and the commercialisation of IT.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The application must be in English and must include:
- A short plan outlining and arguing for the intended research and teaching initiatives and engagements (2-3 A4 pages)
- A memorandum stating your most important scientific work relevant to the position and your contribution to such work (2-3 A4 pages)
- 5-10 relevant publications or other research contributions relevant to the applicant’s field
- A numbered list of publications and other research contributions relevant to the applicant’s field. The enclosed publications/contributions should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment and academic background
- Information indicating experience and results in Ph.D. supervision, research management, fundraising and research cooperation
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificate etc.)
- Documentation of pedagogical training and experience along with a teaching record relevant for the position. The teaching record should at least for each course include your official responsibility, the size of the course, the academic level, and the number of students. Include max. 5 course descriptions to document the experience.
Recognizing the diversity of traditions, methods and delivery format in the range of fields included in this call, the publications or other documented research contributions should be submitted in the format relevant to the applicant’s field. All application materials are to be submitted through the online application portal in the format of pdf documents.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Appointment Order from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of 13 March 2012.
The IT University may use shortlisting in connection to the recruitment process. In case of shortlisting, the Chairman of the hiring committee selects applicants for assessment in consultation with the hiring committee after the application deadline. All applicants are notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The shortlisting of candidates for assessment is based on the criteria in the job posting.
Questions about the position can be directed to Head of Department Lone Malmborg, IT University of Copenhagen, malmborgitu.dk or +45 5184 1838.
Questions related to the application procedure may be directed to HR at HRitu.dk.
You can only apply for this position through our e-recruitment system. Apply by pushing the button "Apply for position" in the job announcement on our website.
Please note that all application material will be destroyed after the assessment.
The IT University uses tests in connection with the recruitment process.
Application deadline: 1 August 2022, at 23:59 CEST.
Applications received after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration. If you submit an application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it arrives before the deadline, so please allow sufficient time for upload of publications and other documents.
The IT University invites all qualified researchers regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for the positions.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Región: Byen København.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: IT-Universitetet i København.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: København S; Código postal: 2300; Calle: Rued Langgaards Vej 7
- Sitio web: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=119&ProjectId=181444&DepartmentId=3439&MediaId=338&SkipAdvertisement=true
Oferta de trabajo obtenida del portal Eures, con fecha 21 de Mayo de 2022, y con identificador de la vacante:5603942.
Ver las 267 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de la enseñanza › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior › profesor de educación superior/profesora de educación superiora ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- PhD Scholarships in Manufacturability and Production of Novel Biological Products. Dinamarca, 21 May. 2022.
- 211-0171/22-2K Professor on the Economics of Agricultural Externalities. Dinamarca, 21 May. 2022.
- Klinisk lektor til Patologi, AUH. Dinamarca, 18 May. 2022.
- Postdoc in Endothelial Cell Plasticity. Dinamarca, 18 May. 2022.
- PhD scholarship in GPU Processing for 3-D Super Resolution Ultrasound Imaging. Dinamarca, 18 May. 2022.
- GENOPSLAG: Ekstern lektor til Kvindesygdomme, Regionshospitalet Viborg. Dinamarca, 18 May. 2022.
- Postdoc in electrophysiological measurements for solar cell retinal implants. Dinamarca, 18 May. 2022.