Computational Strain Designer. Københavns omegn. Dinamarca
Trabajar de biólogo/bióloga en Københavns omegn (Dinamarca)
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería › Profesionales en ciencias biológicas › Biólogos, botánicos, zoólogos y afines › biólogo/bióloga.
Traducción de la profesión: Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område › Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed › Arbejde inden for biovidenskab › Arbejde inden for biologi, botanik, zoologi og beslægtede områder.
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Join a world class science team and contribute to making the world a better place
Do you have a background in microbial molecular biology backed by hands-on experience in computational strain design as well as motivation for becoming even better? Are you, at the same time, looking for a job where your efforts make a difference at another level? If so, do yourself a favor and read on.
At DTU Biosustain we develop the next generation of biosustainable technologies using synthetic biology techniques. We aim to achieve the goal of sustainable future by creating novel paths to chemicals, materials, pharmaceuticals, and food using microbial cells. You will contribute to the development of new knowledge and technologies to support the transformation from conventional, petroleum-based production to a sustainable bio-based industry. Please note, this is staff scientist position with a permanent contract.
State-of-the-art equipment and funding to set the sky as the limit Your new workplace is The Novo Nordisk Foundation for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) at the Technical University of Denmark's main campus in Copenhagen. Here you will unfold your skills surrounded by state-of-the-art equipment as well as top class scientists from all over the world.
You will join our newly established Strain Design Unit, headed by DTU Biosustain CEO, Prof. Bernhard Palsson. Together with your 7 (soon to be 10) scientist colleagues your overall goal is to building cell factories for the various application areas of the Center.
More specifically, we are developing microbial strains for a host of applications, including small molecule production, bioactive compound production, and microbial foods through a combination of experimental and computational design approaches. We have the funding and brain power gathered to aim high so basically, we see sky is the limit.
Your focus is computational workflows for modeling and for omics data analysis As computational strain designer, your focus will be to build computational workflows for modeling and for omics data analysis for target strain designs. Your primary tasks include:
- Computational modeling of metabolism to predict strain phenotype and generate strain designs with desired behavior.
- Statistical analysis of internal and public datasets (e.g. genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics).
- Processing, visualization of NGS and other high throughput data.
- Contribution to development of computational methods, tools and workflows.
- Communication of results with international collaborators.
At our center, cross-organizational collaboration and knowledge sharing is a cornerstone as well as a foundation for turning our highly ambitious goals into reality. As such, you can look forward to work closely together with experimental scientist and design teams to ensure success of your projects.
PhD in bioinformatics, bioengineering or equivalent with 2+ years' research experience We are looking for a team player that likes to create results via constructive collaboration. If you are our new colleague, you must also have the overview, calmness and organizational skills to manage your multiple, parallel personal tasks and deliver within agreed deadlines - or, if facing challenges raise the flag in due time to make your colleagues adjust accordingly and/or offer their help. As part of a highly diverse environment covering multiple nationalities, it is also very important, that you can tailor your communication to your audience with an understanding of professional and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, your CV comprises:
- A PhD in bioinformatics, bioengineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience working in a research organization.
- Intermediate Python/Pandas skills.
- Motivation for building skills with interfacing databases and R scripting.
- Familiarity with methods for computational modeling of metabolism, including constraint-based and kinetic modeling.
- Motivation for building skills within machine learning, statistical and numerical analysis methods as applicable to strain design problems (e.g. elastic net regression, support vector machines, random forests, principal component analysis and independent component analysis)
- Experience and/or motivation for building skills within standard software engineering practices such as version control, testing, and documentation.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Emre Özdemir, emozbiosustain.dtu.dk.
You can also read more about DTU Biosustain at www.biosustain.dtu.dk. http://www.biosustain.dtu.dk
If you are moving from abroad, you might find useful information via this link: www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark. http://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark
Please submit your online application no later than 15 August 2021 (Danish time). Please note that we review applications on an on-going basis and close the process when we find the right match - the sooner you apply the better are your chances.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
Please not, that applications and enclosures received after the deadline not will be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) Recent progress in our ability to read and write genomic code, combined with advances in automation, analytics and data science, has fundamentally changed the scope and ambition of harnessing the potential of biological systems. Big data approaches and analysis of biological systems are key research instruments at the Center. DTU Biosustain utilizes these advances for microbial cell factory design to foster sustainable lifestyles in relation to three application areas: Sustainable Chemicals, Natural Products, and Microbial Foods. Learn more at biosustain.dtu.dk. http://biosustain.dtu.dk
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,900 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Región: Københavns omegn.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kongens Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=fc95291e-d281-4584-96a6-b15600557066
Oferta de trabajo obtenida del portal Eures, con fecha 02 de Julio de 2021, y con identificador de la vacante:5381044.
Ver las 14 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales › Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería › Profesionales en ciencias biológicas › Biólogos, botánicos, zoólogos y afines › biólogo/bióloga ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Wissenschaftliche:r Mitarbeiter:in (m/w/d), EG 13 TV-H (Biologe/Biologin). Alemania, 01 Ago. 2021.
- VMTA, MTA - In Vivo Gene Therapy (m/w/d) (Biologe/Biologin). Austria, 31 Jul. 2021.
- Wissenschaftliche:r Mitarbeiter:in (m/w/d) EG 13 TV-H (Agrarbiologe/-biologin). Alemania, 28 Jul. 2021.
- Postdoc (m/w/d) Bioinformatik (Bioinformatiker/in). Alemania, 21 Jul. 2021.
- Integration Architect Life Sciences (m/w/d), Bern (Biowissenschaftler/in). Suiza, 20 Jul. 2021.
- Biologie, Chemiker - Vertrieb & Support, Molekularbiologie (Biologe/Biologin). Austria, 10 Jul. 2021.
- Bioanalytik (Biologe/Biologin). Suiza, 04 Jul. 2021.