Chemist/Chemical Engineer to first-class pilot plant
Contrato en Dinamarca de Ingenieros químicos
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros químicos.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Arbejde inden for naturvidenskab og ingeniørvirksomhed : Ingeniørarbejde (undtagen inden for elektroteknologi) : Ingeniørarbejde inden for kemi
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
Unfold all of your experience as the right hand to our Team Coordinator (PhD)
If you have solid experience within scaling up and down processes in pilot plants or at full scale production units, you have just the perfect background for this exciting position. That is, if you are looking for a job with major freedom to operate in a very open and non-hierarchical environment where you will have key responsibility. You must also be motivated by breaking new ground as every project we start up is first of it's kind. Boring is not a word we use.
You can look forward to be working with state-of-the-art equipment and technologies, and you will have ample opportunities for aquring new knowledge within your of field of expertise as well as within related areas.
Broad responsibility across methods, projects, procedures, and equipment As Pilot Plant Chemist and right hand to our Team Coordinator your overall focus is designing, operating and optimizing chemical- and bio-processes. You will do so by setting up experiments, operating our first class pilot-scale equipment. Additionally, you set up and conduct chemical and biochemical laboratory-scale experiments based on written protocols and optimize them further. Your primary tasks will be to:
- Design and perform pilot scale experiments
- Set up and conduct chemical and biochemical laboratory scale experiments
- Troubleshoot - and gather knowledge and create processes to prevent similar cases
- Interpret data obtained during and after downstream processes and develop KPIs
- Map large-scale downstream processes and verify specification demands
- in close collaboration with team colleagues
- Document work in electronic lab books (ELN) and laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Guide less experienced colleagues and Technicians
- Take over for the Team Coordinator during maternity leave (from early 2021)
A natural part of your work is to collaborate with internal groups including fermentation and analytical staff, but also with external vendors, technology providers and engineering disciplines for process development.
Solid pilot plant experience and motivation for a leading role We are looking for an experienced profile that is used to take lead and drive things forward independently. At the same time it is crucial that you like to create results via teamwork, and that you can collaborate with people from all over the world as we are an international team covering multiple nationalities. As part of a first mover R&D unit you must also be very motivated by learning new methods, technologies, equipment etc. Additionally, your CV comprises:
- A Masters' degree within natural science
- Pilot plant experience including experience from organizing work with and guide lab technicians
- Experience with multiple microbial hosts and fermentation systems
- Significant experience from working with downstream purification and separation of fermentation broth
- Maybe experience with scale-up and design of processes larger than pilot scale (not a prerequisite for applying)
- The ability to work outside normal working hours - when we conduct projects that demands constant care
- Good English skills, written and spoken
Translational Core - your new department
Your new workplace is the Translational Core at DTU Biosustain in Lyngby, Copenhagen. We focuse on bio-process optimisation and commercialisation of bio-based products from ideation to first prototype production. In other words, we bring technologies to tech readiness level 5-7 / prototype development. Basically, our work can be the foundation of all kinds of bio-based products from vitamins and pharma API to food additives or hormones. Our environment is very diverse and characterised by trust, openness and a shared drive for breaking new ground to the benefit of people around the globe. Read more at: biosustain.dtu.dk/Innovation/Translational-Core https://www.biosustain.dtu.dk/Innovation/Translational-Core
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 9 November 2020 (Danish time). Open the 'Apply online' link, fill out the form and attach your CV, cover letter, diploma and if relevant list of publications.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Dr. Andreas Worberg, Director Translational Core and Chief Commercial Officer at andworbiosustain.dtu.dk. If necessary, we will set up an additional phone call to ensure your understanding of the job and your many opportunities
Please note that we review applications on an on-going basis and close the process when we find the right match.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) Recent progress in our ability to read and write genomic code, combined with advances in automation, analytics and data science, has fundamentally changed the scope and ambition of harnessing the potential of biological systems. Big data approaches and analysis of biological systems are key research instruments at the Center. DTU Biosustain utilizes these advances for microbial cell factory design to foster sustainable lifestyles in relation to three application areas: Sustainable Chemicals, Natural Products, and Microbial Foods. Learn more at biosustain.dtu.dk.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,000 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. Our main campus is in Kgs. Lyngby north of Copenhagen and we have campuses in Roskilde and Ballerup and in Sisimiut in Greenland.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 1.
Empleador: Danmarks Tekniske Universitet.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: Kongens Lyngby; Código postal: 2800; Calle: Anker Engelunds Vej, Número: 101
- Sitio web: https://www.dtu.dk/om-dtu/job-og-karriere/ledige-stillinger/job?id=f37e8b04-f1ac-4256-a679-b39c850daa45
Identificador de la vacante:5226432.
Ver las 92 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de las ciencias y de la ingeniería : Ingenieros (excluyendo electrotecnólogos) : Ingenieros químicos ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Start-up Manager. Dinamarca, 17 Oct. 2020.
- Fermentation Engineer. Dinamarca, 16 Oct. 2020.
- Scientist in DFP New Product Introduction Products, Novo Nordisk. Dinamarca, 13 Oct. 2020.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer. Dinamarca, 08 Oct. 2020.
- Recovery Scientist for Recovery Development, Copenhagen. Dinamarca, 06 Oct. 2020.
- System Engineer / Design Control Specialist. Dinamarca, 24 Sep. 2020.
- Design Control Specialist: STED Writer in R&D. Dinamarca, 24 Sep. 2020.