211-0050/18-2H PhD in Statistics and the mathematics of Insurance and Economics
Empleos en Dinamarca de Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior
Clasificación del trabajo: Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior.
Arbejde, der forudsætter viden på højeste niveau inden for pågældende område : Undervisning og pædagogisk arbejde : Undervisning og forskning ved universiteter og højere læreranstalter : Undervisning og forskning på universiteter og højere læreranstalter
Descripción de la oferta de trabajo:
PhD fellow in Mathematics
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
A number of attractive PhD stipends are available in Statistics and the mathematics of Insurance and Economics at the Department of Mathematic Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen.
The starting date for the stipends is the spring or fall of 2019. Candidates are expected to have obtained a Master´s degree, or equivalence thereof, before starting. The stipends run for 3 years, which is the duration of the PhD program. You can find more information about the PhD program on the homepage http://www.math.ku.dk/english/programmes/ph.d/.
The PhD stipends include full tuition and a salary of approximately 3,350 EUR per month before taxes (DKK 300,174 per year) plus pension contributions of 17% of the salary (DKK 41,013 per year). Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization.
Your application and all supporting documents must be submitted no later than 22 November 2018.
About the Department of Mathematical Sciences
The department has 45 permanent scientific staff members; around 45 PhD students and 25 postdocs. It has strong research groups in many areas of mathematics, and active PhD, postdoc, and visitor's programs. Our building is located in central Copenhagen next to the central park Fælledparken. You can find more information about the department on its homepage http://www.math.ku.dk/english.
Further information about working at Copenhagen University can also be obtained from http://ism.ku.dk/.
All applicants entering the PhD program through this call will be affiliated with one of the sections Insurance and Economics or Statistics and Probability Theory. You can find description of these sections at the Departmentresearch homepage.
There will be a limited number of free PhD stipends in all areas of mathematics not attached to specific projects. You are welcome to contact any member of the department to discuss specific research projects.
In addition, there will be PhD stipends available in:
• data science and causality within Copenhagen Causality Lab with Jonas Peters
• life insurance and pension mathematics as covered by the section Insurance and Economics
• mathematical and statistical analysis of ancient DNA data with Carsten Wiuf
The position is available for a 3-year period and your key tasks as a PhD student at SCIENCE are:
- To manage and carry through your research project
- Attend PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Work for the department
Selected applicants might be asked to visit our department for an interview, probably in January or February 2019. The department will cover all (reasonable) expenses in connection with the interview.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
About your application
To apply you need to:
1. Fill out and submit the online application form and upload the required files. Please read the instructions and the miniguide carefully before applying.
2. Make arrangement with 2-3 people who will write letters of recommendation for you if they are requested to do so. The names and email addresses of these people should be written in a file and uploaded in the field References of the application form.
Please, read the mini-guide on how to apply.
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Program at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
The deadline for applications is
22 November 2018, 23:59 GMT +1.
Applications or supplementary material received thereafter will not be considered, unless explicitly requested by the evaluation committee.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee. Afterwards an assessment committee will be appointed to evaluate the selected applications. The applicants will be notified of the composition of the committee and the final selection of a successful candidate will be made by the Head of Department, based on the recommendations of the assessment committee and the interview committee.
The main criterion for selection will be the research potential of the applicant and the above mentioned skills. The successful candidate will then be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD school of Science.
You can read more about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
General information about PhD programmes at SCIENCE is available at http://www.science.ku.dk/phd.
País del trabajo: Dinamarca.
Número de puestos: 5.
Tipo de puesto: Contratación directa.
Tipo de contrato: Jornada completa.
Empleador: KU - SCIENCE - NBI.
Instrucciones para solicitar:
Please apply using one of the specified channels
Forma de contacto:
- Ciudad: København Ø; Código postal: 2100; Calle: Nørre Campus Blegdamsvej, Número: 17
- Sitio web: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1307&ProjectId=148240&DepartmentId=18973&MediaId=4632&SkipAdvertisement=true
Identificador de la vacante:4891775.
Ver las 447 ofertas de trabajo de Profesionales científicos e intelectuales : Profesionales de la enseñanza : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior : Profesores de universidades y de la enseñanza superior ofertadas.
Ofertas de trabajo similares:
- Studenterinstruktorer på Bacheloruddannelsen Statskundskab, Samfundsfag og Tilvalg samt Bacheloruddannelsen i Politik og økonomi samt Folkesundhed 1009196. Dinamarca, 13 Oct. 2018.
- 211-0050/18-2H PhD in Statistics and the mathematics of Insurance and Economics. Dinamarca, 13 Oct. 2018.
- (211-0003/18-2N) Tenure Track Assistant professor in Machine Learning. Dinamarca, 13 Oct. 2018.
- 211-0031/18-2I Postdoctorial positions in Mathematics. Dinamarca, 12 Oct. 2018.
- 2 PhD scholarships on chemical substance profiling by mass spectrometry. Dinamarca, 12 Oct. 2018.
- (211-0053/18-2H) PhD fellow in Molecular Physiology. Dinamarca, 12 Oct. 2018.
- PhD scholarship in Development of the next-generation engineering aerodynamic models for wind turbine rotors. Dinamarca, 12 Oct. 2018.
- 211-0032/18-2I Postdoc in Statistics and the mathematics of Insurance and Economics. Dinamarca, 12 Oct. 2018.